To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Los Angeles, CA
- Diane Lacson
- Phone: 949-415-5478
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Overhaul Technician
Johnson Service Group • Los Angeles, CA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Overhaul/Test Technician-B position is responsible for overhauling or repairing and testing electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic accessories (products) at various stages of the repair and overhaul process to determine whether the accessory (products) meets specifications relating to quality, workmanship, dimensions, functionality and performance. Steps in overhauling/repairing include disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, reassembling and testing the unit. The Technician-B will use CMM’s, drawings, engineering prints or other approved technical data to accomplish this task. The Overhaul/Test Technician-B will use professional judgment based on their knowledge and experience to qualify components inside the accessory. This component may be critical for the functionality of the end product (accessory).
The key to successfully achieve the goals of this position is to assure precise conformance to specifications, workmanship standards, material condition, codes and customer specifications. This also includes final assembly and documentation. This is a safety-sensitive position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES FOR THIS JOB
- Disassemble, clean, inspect, evaluate, reassemble and test all units that we overhaul and or repair in our repair station.
- Perform the required set up to test units.
- Sketch, make, build and/or improvise setups to test all different varieties of mechanical and electrical devices.
- Keep accurate records through proper documentation of all measurements according to the CMM or relevant technical data. The “B" technician helps to develop such records for the recording of measurement and or test results.
- Familiarize themselves with the Repair Station/Quality Control Manual and Ontic’s AS9100 Quality System.
- Write evaluation reports for each unit. Enter information about the history of the unit into our database system (Findings report).
- The Technician “B" will do in-process inspections as the work order progresses.
- Keep all documents up to date within the work order packages during the work process.
- Continuously think of ways to improve work processes.
- Maintain open communication with internal customers at all times.
- The Technician-B must be able to impart knowledge to junior technicians clearly and thoroughly.
PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS (What does the employee need to do to be successful?)
- Maintain accurate records
- Maintain good attendance record
- Respect fellow employees
- Adhere to all company policies and government regulations
- Continuous Improvement
- On-time throughput
- Follow directions
- Maintain a clean and organized safe work area
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: General knowledge equivalent to high school education.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: The Overhaul/Test Technician-B must have at least 5 years of experience in the aerospace industry preferably in the fields of electromechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic component overhaul. The individual must be familiar with CFR 145 and EASA 145. Individual must know how to read, comprehend and understand engineering prints, specifications, overhaul or component maintenance manuals, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic schematics. They must be knowledgeable with the use of mechanical and electronic measuring instruments and equipment such as: calipers, height gages, depth indicators, micrometers, power supplies, multimeters, pressure gages, flow meters, etc. The Technician-B needs to have some basic knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, etc).
must have experience in
overhauling or repairing and testing electromechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic accessories (products) at various stages of the repair and overhaul process to determine whether the accessory (products) meets specifications relating to quality, workmanship, dimensions, functionality, and performance. Steps in overhauling/repairing include disassembly, cleaning, inspecting, repairing, reassembling and testing the unit. The Technician-B will use CMM’s, drawings, engineering prints or other approved technical data to accomplish this task