To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
- Leslea Scott
- Phone: 713-438-0919
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Service Desk Agent
Icon Information Consultants • Houston, TX
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Purpose of the Service Desk Agent position is to provide a single point of contact to meet the Information Technology needs, of both users and IT employees on a day to day basis. It is also a focal point for reporting and resolving incidents, including disruptions in service availability or quality and for making service requests which are routine request for service.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITY:
Under general direction, provides first tier support to end users for PC hardware, including peripherals, and software in a fast paced environment. Candidate would address issues first tier and second tier support would address over the phone or remotely form Houston office. This role may require interaction with network, server, application database, etc. teams to restore service and/or identify and correct the root problem. Involves simulation or recreation of user problems to resolve operating difficulties. Recommends modifications to reduce user problems. Maintains high level of technical skill in field of experience. Escalates complex problem to second level support or to on call support. Finally, responsible to follow the defined process and procedures for Global Service Desk and being up to date with all training courses and materiel.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute service requests by phone, emails and self service
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues over the phone and using remote support tool
- Escalate questions, issues and incident due to defined procedures.
- Document, track and monitor incidents to ensure timely resolution
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues
- Install, Move, Add, Change Hardware and Software
- Reads material, attends meetings and classes to keep current with training and technology in focus area.
- Maintain IT related customer support procedures to provide timely and efficient customer support.
- Shift Work
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This individual would potentially be exposed to both office and manufacturing environments. This position may require light to heavy lifting not to exceed 50 pounds.
Office oriented, Computer intensive
High percentage of time sitting in front of a computer
• Bachelor, or equivalent work experience
• Experience within IT
• ITIL V3 foundation certification
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Advanced analytic and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Time management skills
• Excellent quality assurance skills
• Excellent team player skills
• Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7/Windows 10 Experience
• Service Desk: Symantec Altiris Service Desk Experience
• Hardware: Dell, HP & Lenovo Hardware Experience
• Software: Symantec Endpoint Solution, Microsoft Office 2007/2010/2016
• Printers: HP, Xerox and multifunction devices
• Phone: Cisco IP Phones and Jabber
• Experience with Service Now
• Experience with Active Directory Users and Computers
• Experience in troubleshooting TCP/IP DNS, and Cisco VPN
• MOS certification(s)
• Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
• A+ certification
• Experience with support engineering applications such as AutoCAD
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Bilingual Spanish