To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Groton, CT
- Laura Eddy
- Phone: 5713764085
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electronics Technician (Deck Electrician)
VT Group • Groton, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
VT Group is a leading technology integrator with close to 50 years’ experience delivering technology and C4ISR solutions to solve the complex challenges faced by our government and commercial customers in the Defense and National Security markets.
VT Group is seeking Electronics Technicians to be based in Groton, CT and open to travel across the US.
- Removes and installs the following on surface ships and/or submarines: Power, signal (copper and fiber), and RF cabling. Equipment, equipment racks, lockers, and mounting hardware. Connection boxes, switches, and indicator lights. Antenna platforms, antenna mounting rings and adapters, antennas and radomes. Foundations, decking, computer decking, and support structure; and Power panels, enclosures, and connection boxes.
- Moves material and equipment to and from the installation site.
- Assists in fit-up and weld preparation.
- Sets up boundaries and clean areas.
- Stands fire watches.
- Closes cable ways, cable ducts, MCTs, standpipes, and cable trays.
- Paints new and disturbed cabling, lagging, foundations, mounting brackets and hardware, and structure
- Provides installation assistance during SOVT.
- HS or equivalent plus four years of work related experience and/or training; or AS plus two years of related experience or BS in electronics.
- Must have experience working on ships or submarines.
- Understanding of electricity and electronics required.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of shipboard installation practices and NAVSEA Standards
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Driver's License
- Multi-pin Connector Certification
- Fiber Optic Connector Certification
- Cableway Certification preferred
- Cableway Inspector Certification preferred
- Shipyard Competent Person Certification preferred
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification preferred
- Man Aloft Certification (Climber Certification) preferred
- OSHA 10 preferred
Join VT Group if you want to serve with friendly and caring people who are dedicated to delivering critical services and helping our customers solve difficult problems in often world-changing circumstances.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
VT Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
VT Group is a drug free workplace. All applicants must pass a drug test before beginning work or receiving an offer of employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.