To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
65 East Butler Avenue
New Britain, PA 18901
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Project Engineer- Water Resources
Gilmore & Associates • New Britain, PA
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Project Engineer executes technical work assignments and may be responsible for managing water resources projects from start to finish, and handling the day-to-day tasks that accompany representing a municipal authority. They may take an active role with clients and in public meetings, and may also direct junior level staff.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide design services and project management on capital improvement projects
- Prepare Federal and State regulatory permit applications and plans
- Prepare bid documents including plans and specifications
- Perform site investigations, construction observation and field reconnaissance
- Review private development plans for compliance with applicable authority water and sewer standards
- Prioritize and manage multiple clients/projects
- Market, sell and cross-sell professional services for all disciplines and office locations
- Assist Project Manager to establish new and maintain existing relationships with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Attend required public meetings; Authority Board, Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or related area
- Registered Professional Engineer in Pennsylvania (current or pending)
- 4+ years of experience in water resource engineering including planning, investigations, compliance, reporting, and design of conveyance and distribution systems and treatment facilities
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Some project management experience
- Some experience with managing support staff
- Organized and detail oriented with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates the highest degree of ethical behavior and candor
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills including the ability to compose letters and complex reports and to orally communicate technical information to others in public presentations
- Possesses knowledge of the public water and wastewater system design, planning, and regulatory process
- Ability to interact with Federal, State & Local government agencies and officials
- Ability to work independently and as part of a project team
- Ability to perform in an environment that requires independent evaluation, judgment and decision making
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate with others to explore alternative solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, AutoCAD (preferably Civil 3D) and hydraulics/hydrology software
Essential Position Requirements:
- Occasional regional travel required
- Ability to work additional and/or nonstandard office hours, as required
Gilmore & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer that provides a competitive compensation structure including a generous benefits plan and Employee Stock Ownership Plan.