New York City Region - Become SMQT Certified!
Based in downtown New York City, this individual will assist the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH), Office of Primary Care and Health Systems Management Center for Health Care Provider Services and Oversight, with surveillance and investigation activities related to nursing homes. These activities are mandated to evaluate facility performance and monitor the quality of care and services provided. S/he will participate in performing annual certification, recertification, state monitoring and off hour surveys at nursing homes; investigating all allegations of abuse, neglect, etc.; prepare written reports of investigative findings and prepare Statement of Deficiencies; participate in emergency surveys at Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNF’s); participate in State monitoring during Immediate Jeopardy situations; as well as other duties.
This position is majority travel, will be onsite at facilities in the five boroughs of New York. Mileage and accommodation reimbursement provided as well as monthly MetroCard.
Non-travel days are based out of the NYSDOH lower Manhattan office.
- Superior investigative and analytical skills; proficient in conducting interviews with facility staff, residents and families.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to achieve customer satisfaction in difficult or controversial situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to relate effectively to providers, physicians, residents and senior medical and administrative personnel.
- Strong computer skills with the ability to learn new programs.
- The ability to obtain Surveyor Minimum Qualifications Test (SMQT) certification within 12 months of employment, required.
- Able to travel to on-site facility review assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- New York Licensed Registered Nurse, required.
- A minimum of two years experience performing utilization review, claims adjudication, medical review, fraud investigation, surveillance or monitoring activities, required; OR
- Three years of clinical or administrative experience, required; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in nursing and two years of clinical or administrative experience, required.
- SMQT Certification, preferred.
IPRO offers competitive salaries, comprehensive health and dental coverage.
IPRO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.