To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
121 Gamma Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15238
- Meghan McCool
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ZOLL LifeVest • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a member of the Enterprise Applications team, the Database Administrator (DBA)/Developer will work with the existing database administrator, the Application Development team, and business stakeholders to plan, design, and deliver software solutions for the business.
The DBA must be familiar with database design concepts, methods for creating highly available environments, industry standards for security and integrity, options for integrating onsite and hosted data sources, tools for monitoring and tuning database instances, and programming techniques for writing efficient queries. In addition, the DBA must be able to effectively establish and document requirements, track and report on projects, publish technical documentation of solutions, and research and understand best practices and regulatory obligations.
The right candidate will ideally have past hands-on experience administering MS SQL databases running in a public cloud environment such as AWS or MS Azure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess the health of databases, articulate issues, and formulate resolutions to improve health and performance
- Design, build, analyze, tune, back up, and support databases
- Understand and able to troubleshoot and maintain database servers
- Take proactive measures to monitor, trend, and tune SQL databases, such as running maintenance jobs (backups, DBCCs, applying indexes/re-indexing, etc.), to meet or exceed baseline stability and performance SLAs
- Develop and maintain SQL stored procedures, views, functions, ETL programs, and ad-hoc queries to support business needs
- Develop, schedule, and monitor SSIS packages
- Integrate data from various back-end databases and data sources
- Manage and audit user access to DEV/TEST and PROD databases
- Analyze business system requirements and design appropriate technical solutions
- Develop system documentation as needed, including technical and user documentation
- Keep up to date in emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to ZOLL’s operations
- Other duties as assigned by management
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology or a related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience administering and maintaining replicated Microsoft SQL Server databases in a distributed production environment
- 1+ years of Azure administration will be a huge plus.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft environment and tools, such as Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, and Profiler
- Development experience with SSRS, SSIS, and automating SQL Server deployment and configuration through PowerShell, Chef, etc.
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Proficiency with query optimization, SQL development, parameterized queries, and T-SQL for developing complex stored procedures, triggers, etc.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems and make appropriate judgment calls to insure the correct outcome.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in SQL, T-SQL. Understanding and working knowledge of HTML, CSS, ASP and .Net required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, walk, talk and hear. Employee may occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.