To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
108 North Plains Industrial Road
Wallingford, CT 06492
- Human Resources
- Phone: 203-269-0557
- Phone:: 203-269-1357
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Quality Assurance Manager
Component Engineers Inc • Wallingford, CT
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Component Engineers a Central CT manufacturing company with full machining and stamping capability also registered with ISO 13485, AS9100 and ITAR certifications is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to direct and monitor all inspection activities in our quality department. The candidate would be expected to develop and establish inspection methodologies and procedures. He/she must be able to train and empower all employees, interact with customers to establish inspection methods and resolve all quality issues. The manager will directly supervise a staff of 4-6 quality personal.
Candidate must be a self starter and able to work with limited supervision. A B.S. degree or minimum of 10 years experience in the Quality field with is required. Having certifications ASQ in Quality Engineering, Quality Auditing and or Quality manager is a plus. Hours include Monday through Friday 7:00am to 5:00 pm with overtime to be worked as needed to satisfy expanding operating requirements and other needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for maintaining the Quality Management system and maintaining the facility certifications for the current versions of ISO9000, ISO 13485 and AS9100.
- Formulate and maintain quality assurance objectives complementary to company policies and goals.
- Perform training of employees with respect to Quality System, SPC and various QA standards.
- Create and implement inspection systems and criteria for numerous product groups.
- Maintain the NCR procedure. Perform appropriate root cause analysis and assist in the establishment of successful corrective actions and the verification of their success.
- Administer quality management tools and analytical approaches to improve the operations.
- Maintain calibration of various measuring devices with standards traceable to NIST.
- Direct workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, processes and products.
- Communicate with customers in established appropriate measurement techniques for critical attributes.
- Support the lean manufacturing process and facilitate the implementation of various Kaizen, 6S and Six-Sigma events.
- Other duties as assigned