To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
3551 North Broad Street
Philadelphia, PA 19140
- Alicia Tustin
- Phone:: 215-430-4180
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Patient Access Representative-Temporary
Shriners Hospitals For Children • Philadelphia, PA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Registers patients being admitted to the hospital or receiving outpatient treatment in a friendly, accurate and timely manner. Working with other members of the team, this role will also coordinate the patient scheduling, insurance pre-certification and authorizations. Duties also include completion of pre-registration processes. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Secures patient account by obtaining appropriate demographic, insurance, verifying eligibility of insurance using eligibility tools, and obtaining patient medical information.
- Strives to minimize patient arrival to treatment area time, improving customer satisfaction as it relates to the registration process, waiting time and general communications.
- Experience with accurately scheduling patients for future appointments as well as follow up post discharge.
- Works closely with ancillary departments to ensure the overall patient experience meets and/or exceeds organizational goals.
- Supports management team members and performs all duties in a manner which promotes team concept and reflects the mission and philosophy of Shriners Hospitals for Children.
*Temporary position- day shift- Monday-Friday*
Working knowledge of various computer software applications. Strong insurance and financial counseling experience. Experience with Cerner is preferred.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment as well as adapt to change. Ability to operate standard office equipment. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills preferred with knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel.
EXPERIENCE: 5 year related registrar experience in a hospital setting. Bilingual is strongly preferred.