To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5501 U.S. 77 Frontage Road
Harlingen, TX 78550
- Randy Montz - Regional Recruitment Manager - Division II
- Phone: 239-368-4442
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Prime Healthcare • Harlingen, TX
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Award winning Harlingen Medical Center a nationally recognized leader in community healthcare delivery.
Harlingen Medical Center is a Level IV Trauma Designated hospital that specializes in the areas of Bariatric (Surgical Weight Loss), Cardiology, Critical Care / ICU, Emergency Room (Advanced Level IV) Trauma Center, Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Neurology, Obstetric & Gynecology, Operating Room (Surgical Services), Orthopedic, Pediatric, Radiology / Imaging, Respiratory, Sleep Study, Speech Pathology, Thoracic Surgery, Vascular & Endovascular Surgery, Wellness Screenings, and Wound Healing.
OP Coder/Coding Coordinator would contribute towards medical record review and analysis while utilizing the International Classifications of Diseases, Tenth Revision (ICD-10) and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT), Health Care Procedure Coding System (HCPCS) to reconcile coding, enter the coded data and other abstractable data from the medical record into the electronic information system as required for revenue cycle, internal use (such as to support medical care evaluation studies), and mandated reporting requirements.
OP coder/Coding Coordinator will ensure completion of coding for all service types in accordance with regulatory agencies and hospital specific guidelines.
The OP Coder/Coding Coordinator will work closely with the facilitys concerned departments, corporate, and coding services vendor for coding and charge entry completion. OP coder/Coding Coordinator will coordinate to ensure optimum process towards maintaining a low DNFB by clarifying any process failures, i.e., clinical documentation deficiencies, late charge entry, IT technical issues, delays in scanning, indexing, analysis, etc. Participates in other chart review projects and other duties as assigned.
1. Certification or license as a Certified Coding Specialist (C.C.S.), Registered Health Information Technician (R.H.I.T.), or Registered Health Information Administrator (R.H.I.A.); Required.
2. Minimum 3 years experience coding and abstracting in an acute care setting; preferred.
3. Basic computer experience; required.
4. Use of an encoder software product for code assignment in an acute care setting; preferred.
5. Computer data entry with 10-key preferred, with accurate typing speed of 35 wpm; preferred.
6. Successful completion of college level courses in medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, and coding ICD-10 and CPT/HCPCS; required.
7. Successful completion of ICD-10 training is required.
8. Good communication and interpersonal skills to build effective interaction between various departments in the hospital and the onsite or remote coding team.
Experience: Minimum 1 Year