To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Paris, KY 40361
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Manufacturing Technology Lead)
Avantor • Paris, KY
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Manufacturing Technology Lead acts as the key engineering/manufacturing lead for business, product or unit operation groups while partnering with Quality Assurance and the commercial organizations to drive safe, high quality, productive operations. He/she works closely with external customers, Avantor business leaders, Quality, Supply Chain, Research & Development (R&D), Product Management and the Corporate Engineering groups to drive current and future stable operations, identify and champion improvement projects, establish clear technology strategy in alignment with the business leaders, and provides footprint optimization and customer operational support.
- Manages the technical operational interface between customers and the Avantor operations team
- Provides technical input into the global strategy for the business unit and technical leadership in the manufacturing and commercial organizations
- Provides stewardship of key strategic new products, projects and driving manufacturing processes improvements
- Develops the technical manufacturing roadmap and drives product and process improvements through to successful close
- Identifies new product uses at customer facilities to expand Avantor’s reach into customer processes
- Manages the selection, qualification and performance of third party toll manufacturers
- Leads key technical and supply initiatives with tier 1 customers
- Supports ongoing operations as needed; problem solving, root cause analysis, vendor problem solving/quality support and FMEA development
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or a related field required
Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in manufacturing required
Chemical manufacturing experience required
Six Sigma training/experience required
Experience with FMEA, CAPA, Cause Mapping and DOE analysis required
Global experience/exposure preferred
Excellent writing and presentation skills (verbal and written)
Demonstrated ability to develop and implement global strategies across multiple sites
High level of business acumen, including planning, analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to train/coordinate global cross-functional teams to achieve high levels of productivity, quality and safety performance
Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
Excellent organization and project management skills
Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels of the organization, from executive to production line
Proven ability to manage multiple projects toward timely completionKnowledge and experience with technology and computers, including the Microsoft Office suite, is required
Demonstrates a strong drive for results
Ability to coordinate multiple tasksCollaborates productively as a team member
The Manufacturing Technology Lead reports directly to the Plant Manager. He/she works closely with external customers, Quality, Operations, R&D, Product Management and the Manufacturing Engineering.
The work environment is a manufacturing facility, and the appropriate PPE will be required in designated areas. Travel (both domestic and international) to other Avantor sites will be required on occasion.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.