To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1200 East Warrenville Road
Naperville, IL 60563
- Catherine Moser
- Phone: 9999999999
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, Event and Recovery Management - Retail Banking-1700022034
Bank of Montreal • Naperville, IL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Manager, Event and Recovery Management - Retail Banking-1700022034
The Senior Manager, is accountable to develop and maintain the Event and Recovery capabilities for U.S. Retail Banking.
This role is accountable to take a leadership role on the U.S. Retail Banking Event and Recovery Management Framework including enhancing process and protocols, providing subject matter expertise and guidance to all levels of the organization, up through to the Group Head of U.S. Retail Banking in support of specific issues.
This role is also accountable for the development and integration of Event efficiencies, ensuring compliance with BMO Harris regulatory policies and guidelines and in ensuring effective operational controls are in place, which identify deficiencies and minimize risk. This role enables the bank to manage potential or real events that may result in the activation of Business Continuity Processes.
A. Operational Effectiveness
· Event Management Framework
o Implement, manage and sustain Event Management Framework to support Line of Business (LOB) related problems and issues as identified through both external and internal forces. Chair the LOB Event Management Team, leading the development and deployment of the Event management framework, (for specific events, facilitate the LOB EMT conference calls and represent LOB on the Enterprise Response and Status Team.)
o Develop, maintain and manage/support the Problem Management and Recovery Process for problems, including system outages that impact the customer experience, and initiating and managing the investigation and monitoring the process to ensure timely and effective resolutions.
o Manage /oversee day to day support for Event Management function to ensure effective and efficient management of events and recoveries.
o Proactively integrate initiatives originating from BMO Financial Group/Executive and identify opportunities to simplify recovery management processes to maximize synergies and efficient use of resources while minimizing disruption to the front line.
B. Client and Relationship Management
· Interact and build relationship with various cross-functional teams both across the enterprise and within LOB. The relationships need to be cultivated as he/she requires support and the specialized expertise of many of these various teams in managing any events/recoveries for LOB.
· Build and manage relationships with teams to ensure they understand how the team manages events and recoveries and to ensure that proper event management protocols are used when the various groups
C. Risk Management and Control
· Reputational operational risk & brings in the other necessary partners to minimize impact.
D. Managerial Leadership
· Set context for employees regularly:
1. Communicate BMO’s vision, goals and objectives and ensure your employees understand the linkages between the enterprise objectives your business group objectives;
2. Communicate operating plans that will achieve your business group goals and objectives; communicate if revisions to operating plans are required to deliver exceptional results;
3. Share information that will help your employees understand what is impacting/shaping the work they do
· Maintain rigor in applying BMO’s performance management approach - make annual objective-setting and regular coaching and feedback a serious business function. Set and communicate clear goals, objectives, expectations and measurement for direct reports with established clear and agreed-upon standards and expectations. Hold direct reports sufficiently accountable in order to deliver expected results. Provide regular coaching and actionable feedback to employees to help improve their performance.
· Ensure employees have the tools and resources required to perform. Define and support employee development plans to close skill and knowledge gaps.
· Build/maintain a culture that
1. Develops and supports both a customer obsessed mindset in all employees and ensure employees understand the linkage(s) to the work they do and a risk management mindset intent on managing and balancing risks
2. Motivates employees to do their best work - Recognize and reward employees when they perform and appropriately deal with employees who don’t perform. Apply BMO’s performance management approach - coach and provide performance feedback to hold employees accountable for the outcomes they achieve and how they achieve them
1. Make candid evaluations a priority against well-planned employee objectives. If employees are not meeting objectives, concern needs to be candidly addressed utilizing BMO’s performance evaluation / management guidelines
2. As appropriate, recommend changes to base and variable pay
· Attract, develop and move talent within team and across BMO to support the achievement of business goals and employees’ career goals
E. Change & Innovation
· Anticipate environmental and cross-boundary changes and respond with new tactics and plans or approaches that may result in new processes or improvements to existing processes.
· Actively lead and manage interdependencies and contribute to the change agenda within Events and Recovery.
· Foster an environment of continuous improvement and encourage employees to identify process improvements/ new ideas to adopt best practices. Holds direct reports accountable for developing and implementing process improvements and change management plans in support of strategy.
· Act as the central point of contact to coordinate the logistics for implementation of projects/initiatives within Events and Recovery to ensure smooth, effective execution with minimal disruption.
· Minimum 10 years of proven combination of events recovery management, business continuity management and/or risk management experiences in Banking or related field, preferably directly building, managing, resolving and governance of Retail Banking events & recovery management
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s Degree is a strong asset
· Exposure to governance and playbook design, monitoring and implementation
· Varied banking business line experiences are strong assets
1. Analytical Thinking (In-depth)
Systematically breaks down multi-dimensional problems or processes into component parts. New models or principles are used to explain data or situations make decisions, resolve problems, or plan / forecast. See interrelationships among different bodies of knowledge and the implications of interactions.
2. Change Leadership (In-depth)
Understand the cultural dynamics of the current state of an organization including the hidden assumptions and the difference between the stated values and the values in practice. Brings current state of culture to light without paralyzing the organization and helps create a strategic practical course between the current reality and a desired future reality to exploit best advantage to change.
3. Change Management (In-depth)
Skilled in identifying the implications to users of new systems, procedures, processes, workflow, organizational relationships and other differences, and in designing the methods and processes that assist individuals in adjusting constructively to these changes as they occur.
4. Managerial Leadership (In-depth)
The ability to build and maintain an extensive or diverse team of subordinates, who work toward the achievement of clearly defined individual goals, while maintaining a collaborative understanding and focus on the overall business purpose and direction.
5. Organizational Understanding (In-depth)
Understands, describes and navigates existing work structures and organizational systems, and makes recommendations with a clear sense of organizational impact. Possess in-depth knowledge of operations workflow, supporting legacy systems and desktop, governance and compliance requirements.
6. Problem Solving (In-depth)
The creative application of various rules, procedures, techniques, or principles to solve complex problems where there is no single correct answer. Includes the ability to interpret root cause analysis in order to understand problems with, and identify inefficiencies in, the current processes.
7. Process Co-ordination and Management (In-depth)
Skills in planning, coordinating, tracking, and controlling different parts of a complex process and of managing multiple parallel and interdependent processes simultaneously.
8. Resource Planning (Working)
Forecasts and articulates resource requirements based on knowledge of resourcing and availability of resources. Develop an overall resourcing strategy and supporting plans, including resource optimization and resource-leveling plans.
9. Risk Management (Working)
Applying management policies, procedures and practices to the tasks of identifying, analyzing, evaluating, treating and monitoring risk. Makes decisions which factor in an appreciation of the business context and recognizes the value of assuming risk while understanding the financial implications upon the organization. Tailor actions and plans to the practical realities of running a business as well as meeting growth and profitability objectives. Recognize the need to disinvest in a situation.
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member
of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have
more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from
day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach
theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and
network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and
broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.