To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
419 West Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HR Consultant ( Part-time )
TPO • Falls Church, VA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
HR Consultant (Part-time)
Working part-time as an HR Consultant for TPO provides challenge, flexibility and a supportive work environment. You will provide a combination of HR strategy management and core HR operations for clients throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Consulting for TPO means no two days are the same. Our clients have different needs and priorities, so your flexible approach and strong business acumen will allow you to thrive in different environments. Consultants are onsite with each client at least once a week as well as providing support from a home office as needed.
Day to day, you will be the critical link between HR plans, programs, activities, and internal stakeholders. You design and implement all HR programs and ensure compliance. You are at the heart of client engagements and you build rapport with executives, managers, and staff to effectively lead the client’s HR function.
TPO believes passionately that every organization, no matter the size, deserves to benefit from great HR. Offering a full range of strategic consulting, outsourcing, interim, and on-call HR services, our consultants and data-driven tools empower clients to achieve extraordinary results through their people.
TPO’s clients are supported through the entire HR experience by our carefully chosen team. Our approach is to find the best and brightest HR professionals and provide them with the resources and infrastructure required to perform at the highest level. We work to develop an intimate understanding of the business objectives of our clients, and by doing this, we consistently deliver high-quality, service-enhancing solutions to our clients.
Qualifications of the HR Consultant
- Must reside in the D.C. metro area and be available to go onsite to clients in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia as needed.
- At least 15 years of experience in human resources.
- Comfortable with presenting stand-up training to groups.
- Comfortable with accountability for results in all HR areas, including workforce planning, employee communications and culture, professional development including mentoring and coaching, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, compliance, compensation, benefits, and measuring the impact of HR initiatives on business results.
- Demonstrated business acumen including experience reporting to or working directly with a chief executive.
- Comfortable using standard IT tools and learning new technologies.
- Prior consulting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (experience will be considered as well).
Attributes of the HR Consultant
- Analytical and strategic. Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments.
- Change management expertise. Proven ability to bring about change and manage processes.
- Diplomatic and persuasive. Willing to listen and articulate a clear vision. A model of tact and discretion.
- Intellectually curious. Eager to understand the unique culture that exists in the organizations you serve. Aware of best practices of other organizations and external market conditions.
- Service oriented, accountable, and creative. Proven ability to understand the needs of an organization, identify creative solutions, and own your recommendations. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Approachable, flexible, and responsive. Able to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects, and communicate results.
- Self-confident and relationship-driven. Ability to develop strong and trusted relationships with clients. Must demonstrate excellent judgment and know “where to draw the line."
What’s Attractive to the Right Candidate?
- We recognize the importance of flexibility and understand that not everyone wants or needs a full-time commitment. Working part-time for TPO, you will have flexibility to arrange work schedules that meet both client and personal needs.
- Your work will be challenging and critical to the success of the organizations you support.
- Our environment is one of highly dedicated professionals who are engaged in making a difference in all that we do.
- TPO offers a great opportunity for senior level HR professionals to perform HR consulting without the distraction of running an independent business.
- TPO provides a collegial team environment and continuous professional development
To Apply for the position of HR Consultant position with TPO:
Send resume with salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Only candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Key Words: HR Consultant, Human Resources, Human Resource Strategy and Business Leadership, Human Resource Leadership Development, Human Capital Consultant, Director of Human Capital, Human Resource Director, Human Resource Organizational Strategist, Senior HR Leader and Development Advisor, Leadership Development Specialist, Leadership Development Strategist, Senior HR Business Partner, Senior Human Resource Business Partner, Senior Leadership Development Advisor, Director of Human Capital, Senior Leader Human Capital, Human Resources Advisor, Vice President Human Resources, Human Capital / Organization Strategist, Director of Delivery / Strategist, Chief Human Resource Officer, Organization Development Manager, Senior Organization Development Manager, Change Management, HR Development, Senior Manager Human Resources Business Development, Senior HR Leader, Senior Human Resources Leader, Organizational and Change Consultant, Senior Change Management, Business Acumen, Senior HR Consultant, Senior Human Resource Consultant, Senior Human Resources Business Consultant, Internal HR Consultant, Human Resources Business Partner, HR Consultant, Strategic Human Resource Leader, Human Resources, Human Resource Generalist, HR Generalist, HR Specialist, HR Associate, Employee Relations Specialist, Employee Relations Advisor, Human Resources Specialist, Internal HR Consultant, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Human Capital Consultant, Senior HR Leader and Development Advisor, Human Resources Advisor, HR Development, Senior Human Resource Consultant, HR Consultant, HR Consultant, Strategic Human Resources, Talent Acquisition, Human Resources Project Specialist, Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources Coordinator, HR Coordinator, HR Assistant, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Assistant, Human Capital Analyst, Human Capital Programs, Human Capital Specialist, Human Capital Coordinator, on-boarding, recruitment, compliance, performance appraisal, performance management, team building, employee records, office manager, customer service, Windows, Excel, MS Office, PHR, vendor management, Senior Administrative Assistant, Executive Administrative Assistant, Operations Assistant, Operations Coordinator, Operations Specialist, Office Operations, Vendor Relations, office equipment, professional development