To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Coast, MI
- Natalie Kress
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Materials Engineering Supervisor - Plating on Plastics Specialist
TxMQ, Inc. • East Coast, MI
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Plastics Plating Engineer – R&D Chemicals & Materials
Searching for a qualified Electroplating / Materials Engineer with experience and/or knowledge in Plating plastics to become an integral team member within a reputable and growing manufacturing facility in Western NY.
SUMMARY AND SCOPE:
● The successful candidate will bring experience with metal atomizing and materials coating, particularly the plating of plastics with chrome. Chrome plating expertise highly desired. The ideal background could come from a materials or chemical engineering background with experience in electroplating, chrome plating technologies, vacuum metalizing, plastics plating and addressing cosmetic and performance issues with the coating and chrome plating / electroplating of plastics.
The Materials, Plastics Plating professional will work hand in hand with the R&D team to develop processes and/or materials that are capable of bonding chrome / metals to plastic materials, wear and heat resistant, chemical and vapor resistant surfaces and barriers.
● Working to ensure uniformity and consistency with regard to surface coverage and adherence / bonding,
● Working in collaboration with vendors, suppliers, subcontractors and internal R&D and Quality to ensure improved coverage and quality.
● Partnering with team members, both inside and outside, to ensure plateability in application to ensure the highest quality of plated plastics on injection molded parts finishes, and research and suggest product and process improvements with regard to materials, parts production and overall plating chemistry to ensure the successful plating adhesion to plastic parts.
● Providing material engineering activities and resources to other internal departments, researching for application and implementation chrome plating solutions, technology improvements within plastic injection molding processes as it relates to the plating process.
● Resolving quality, cosmetic and performance issues relative to the plastics plating process by maximizing adhesion of chrome / plate to plastic and ensure consistent plate coverage and durability.
● Bachelors Degree in an applicable Engineering field – Chemical, Materials, Plastics, etc.
● Experience with electroplating, chrome plating technologies relative to plating plastics applications and chemistry, and developing and/or suggesting alternative plating processes.
● Experience in injection molding, thermoforming and coating processes and tooling
● Strong knowledge and proven understanding of plastics engineering and materials, as well as some experience or knowledge in vacuum metalizing and metal atomizing highly desireable.
● Due to regulations and requirements within the industry, all candidates for consideration must be classified as a US Person which includes US Citizen, Permanent Legal Resident, Green Card Holder, etc.
● Hiring salary highly competitive with fantastic benefits package, room for growth into lead, senior, supervisory and management roles, relocation package available, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
● Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] immediate consideration.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions