To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
111 North LaSalle Street
Chicago, IL 60602
- Stevan Alavanja
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smart Resources • Chicago, IL
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Payroll Lead is responsible for developing policies/procedures and supervising the preparation, documentation, and disbursement of all payroll related activities for all US employees. The Payroll Lead will also be the primary point of contact for interfacing with employees, executive leaders, and external parties relating to payroll matters.
- Responsible for making informed decisions on payroll related issues and escalating as appropriate
- Responsible for all set-up activities and system maintenance to execute timely and accurate payroll processing for all US employees including ad-hoc, quarterly and year-end processing
- Oversight and management of payroll related taxes, 401k, garnishments, liens and all benefit deductions
- Manage payroll related projects and be a payroll subject matter expert for software upgrades and enhancements
- Perform continuous audits and act proactively to improve processes and data accuracy
- Responsible for managing timekeeping and monthly accrual processing
- Manage and execute annual and quarterly SOX audit projects with internal audit
- Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance
- Oversees any irregular payments (e.g., sales draws, bonus/incentive payments, etc.) in addition to accounting distribution, funding requirements, accruals and preparation of deductions.
- BA/BS degree in Finance/Business/Economics or related field
- 7-9 yrs. working with HRIS, payroll, and timekeeping systems on the setup and maintenance side
- 4-5 Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Ability to analyze vendor capabilities to meet business needs.
- Excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship building skills at all levels, internally or externally.
- Strong project management skills and accountability for meeting deadlines.
- Strong multitasking and organization skills.
- PeopleSoft and Workday – are preferred