To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Schererville, IN
- Michelle Austin
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Restaurant Manager – Retail Food Service Management
Steak 'n Shake • Schererville, IN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You will oversee staff and daily operations at one of our Steak ‘n Shake restaurants, serving our patrons the highest quality burgers and shakes at the lowest possible prices, while providing them with the great service and the fun and welcoming environment that they’ve come to expect from us. This position is an excellent stepping stone for eventual advancement to a General Manager role and beyond.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits, paid training, plenty of room for recognition, and professional growth and advancement, and the opportunity to be a part of a popular quick-service brand that has become an American institution. If you have the qualifications and the friendly and outgoing personality we’re looking for, we want to talk with you. Contact us today!
As a Restaurant Manager, your main primary leadership goal will be to live and teach the mission and vision of the company, setting a solid and positive example for your team. It will be up to you to ensure that the restaurant is running smoothly and to always make the guest the priority.
Additional duties for this management role will include:
- Ensuring that all team members consistently adhere to Steak ‘n Shake procedures, policies, and specifications to deliver the highest quality burgers and shakes
- Following up on the delivery of service and product standards
- Assessing team members’ performance and identifying opportunities to coach for improvement
- Tracking procedure execution and delivering expected financial results
- Conducting training and development for team members
- Maintaining a clean, safe and attractive restaurant environment
We are looking for a Restaurant Manager who combines an entrepreneurial approach and a relentless pursuit of excellence, with a firm commitment to providing an exceptional customer experience. You should be highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive with strong time-management skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. It is also important that you display outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to effectively motivate and lead your team members.
Specific qualifications for the management role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 year supervisory experience
- Proven track record of building sales, increasing profits, people development, and operational improvements
- Leadership style with a strong focus on service and hospitality
Over and over again we hear that our people stay with us because they enjoy the people they work with. As a Restaurant Manager at Steak ‘n Shake, you get to have an impact on peoples’ lives by making their work environment fun and exciting. If you long for more than just a desk job, we can offer you a challenging and rewarding career where you can interact with people each and every day as part of a winning team.
Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a generous compensation package, including:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Quarterly incentive bonus program
- Basic life and AD&D insurance
- Medical, vision, dental, and life insurance plans
- Short- and long-term disability available
- Paid vacation
- Exceptional training, development, and onboarding program
the country’s best, freshest, and tastiest burgers and shakes!