To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
10500 Seymour Avenue
Franklin Park, IL 60131
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Manufacturing Engineering & Operational Excellence
Sloan • Franklin Park, IL
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This position is located at our world headquarters: 10500 Seymour Ave, Franklin Park, IL 60131
Sloan is the world’s leading manufacturer of commercial plumbing systems and has been in operation since 1906. We are at the forefront of the green building movement and provide sustainable restroom solutions. We manufacture water-efficient products including flush valves, electronic faucets, soap dispensing and sink systems along with vitreous china fixtures for commercial, industrial and institutional markets worldwide.
We have an immediate need for a Manager, Manufacturing Engineering & Operational Excellence based at our world headquarters in Franklin Park, Illinois. The incumbent will lead Manufacturing Engineering and Lean activities to drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout their assigned areas of responsibility. The Manager will be directly and significantly involved in Sloan’s Lean transformation including implementation, and provide input on policies and training.
- To advance a culture of continuous improvement, integrate Lean philosophy into operating and management development programs.
- Promote, educate and train to instill a culture of waste identification and elimination throughout operation.
- Provide direction and guidance in all areas of Lean/Six Sigma methodology and act as a key driver of change within each of the business units supporting all functions throughout the company’s Lean transformation.
- Create, develop and manage the Lean Transformation / Kaizen Promotion activity within Supply Chain Operations.
- Assist in establishing metrics and design performance monitoring systems to provide plant and senior management with quantifiable gauges of results and impact of Lean activities.
- Manage and direct a team, including but not limited to Operational Leads and Manufacturing and/or Industrial Engineers, focused on accelerating rapid continuous improvement in Operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management or related field or equivalent is required. MBA or Master’s in related field desirable.
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience with a minimum of 5 years management experience, with at least 3 years experience as an organization’s dedicated Lean/Six Sigma leader.
- Experience in converting a traditional operation (service or manufacturing) to a Lean manufacturing operation, with a disciplined focus on customer satisfaction. This conversion experience must include actual implementation, not just management or sponsorship, and demonstrated experience in dealing with the natural challenges arising from a Lean transformation.
- Experience with at least one major, successful transformational experiences where Lean was used as part of the catalyst and foundation for the change – either in a focused transformational leadership role or as part of the senior operating team driving the change. The experience must have a demonstrated impact that translated to clear, bottom line performance results with step-function change.
- Lean systems education will have been received from a reputable source such as Toyota, Shingijutsu Consulting, or other reputable companies that have the recognition for being successful, Lean enterprises.
- Extensive implementation experience with the following techniques is required: 5S, Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA), production leveling techniques such as Heijunka, Visual Workplace, Standardized Work, Cellular Manufacturing, Kaizen, Single Minute Exchange of Die (SMED), Single Piece Flow and Pull, and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM).
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental, vision, Rx coverage for employee plus eligible dependents
- Life and AD & D insurance, dependent life insurance, long term disability, and HSA, FSA
Employer matching 401K, PTO, holidays, EAP, wellness programs, on-site medical staff and fitness center
We Are Proud Partners With the Chicago Cubs:
We are a Legacy Partner of the Chicago Cubs and we are proud to be the organization’s official water efficiency partner! Through this relationship, which includes the naming rights to Sloan Park, the Cubs’ Spring Training facility in Mesa, Arizona, we have had the opportunity to promote our brand and continue our water conservation efforts in the city of Chicago and around the world.
This Legacy Partnership is also a benefit to you, as a prospective Sloan employee! As a Sloan employee, you will have opportunities to participate in various Legacy Partnership activities such as Cubs events, Cubs raffles, and attending Cubs games!
JOIN AN INDUSTRY LEADER!
For additional company information please visit our website at www.sloan.com.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer.