To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
120 Mountainview Boulevard
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Janine Bilancia
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Benefits Administrator - Human Resources
Barnes & Noble College • Basking Ridge, NJ
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
JOB TITLE: Benefits Administrator
REPORTS TO: Director, Compensation & Benefits
- Human Resources Department
- Home Office, Field, and Store Management
- External Benefit Plan Service Providers/Vendors, Claims Administrators, Insurers, Record-keepers/Trustees, Brokers/Consultants
The Benefits Administrator is responsible for the administration of corporate group benefit programs, including group health, dental, vision, short-term, and long-term disability, worker’s compensation, life insurance, flexible spending, 401(k), and commuter benefits. Must be able to provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers and supports team by assisting in special projects.
- Respond to employee inquiries in a professional, timely and compassionate manner
- Administer Health & Welfare related activities to include new hire eligibility communication, QLE administration, and termination process
- Communicate retroactive benefit deductions to employees and payroll
- Provides support during annual open enrollment event, works with other team members to ensure changes are correctly communicated to various vendors
- Generate separation packages for employees terminating employment. Separation packages should include COBRA/HIPPA notices, 401(k) Termination information and conversion information, as appropriate.
- Generate COBRA receipt letter with invoices after receipt of signed COBRA election. Track COBRA premiums, deposit checks with Accounting, generate late payment correspondence and update eligibility information on Benefit system and with HMO’s, if appropriate
- Respond to and coordinate with governmental agencies and outside requests for verification of coverage or NMSN (National Medical Support Notices)
- Ensure correct deductions are applied in HRIS system
- Monitor vendor file feeds and correct any deficiencies in HRIS/Vendor websites
- Ability to problem solve and communicate solutions clearly
- ADHOC reporting upon request
- Process all vendor invoices and check requests as determined by the plans
- Responsible for the maintenance of employee benefit files, ensuring all required support documentation is received and filed neatly and in established order
- Work with employees, vendors and benefit specialist to resolve claim issues
- Develop and maintain departmental procedures on health & welfare administration
- Provide back-up to department as needed
- Work with key team members in times of system upgrades and changes
- Adhere to Barnes & Noble Policies and Procedures
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by supervisor
- Associate’s degree and 2 to 5 years of related benefits or equivalent employee benefits administration experience
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish work under moderate to limited supervision
- Sufficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- General understanding of concepts, practices and procedures involved in administering employee benefits (e.g., ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc.) Proven ability of working in a team environment
- Experience with maintain data in HRIS/Benefit carrier systems. Accustomed to pulling ADHOC benefit reports and presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Experience with Ultimate Software a plus
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.