To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeton, NJ
- Leslea Scott
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Icon Information Consultants • Princeton, NJ
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
• Perform accounting functions necessary to achieve an accurate and timely general ledger month-end close. Duties will include recording of necessary revenue, expense and balance sheet related journal entries for fixed assets, accruals, analysis and adjustment of income statement and balance sheet accounts, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and analysis of financial statements, and general accounting support.
• Prepare monthly results reports for assigned project(s) in support of asset manager and project management. Respond to ad hoc requests of asset manager for analytical support.
• Prepare periodic comparative variance analysis as required.
• Assist in researching technical accounting issues and prepare accounting memorandums.
• Work closely with Asset Manager and plant personnel as necessary to ensure complete accounting, financial reporting, and analysis for group.
• Assist in preparation of annual budget plan, forecast, and analysis, for assigned project(s).
• Assist with special projects as requested.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required with a minimum of five years of progressive experience in general accounting and financial reporting including a good understanding of basic and complex accounting issues, processes, multiple company structure and consolidations.
• Two or more years of Big 4 public accounting and CPA certification/MBA is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external customers.
• Persistence needed in order to resolve problems quickly.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a team oriented culture.
• Experience in a fast paced environment including ability and experience to meet firm deadlines including monthly close on a defined schedule.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications particularly Excel with knowledge of advanced features such as pivot tables, look ups and macros. Experience with SAP or similar ERP system preferred.
• Prior experience in the energy industry or similar commodity based business preferred.
• Work overtime and non-standard working hours as required