To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1411 Opus Place
Downers Grove, IL 60515
- Katya Skoda
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Abercrombie & Kent • Downers Grove, IL
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Directly responsible for research, copywriting and copy editing for a variety of in-house promotional materials, including brochures, direct mail, newsletters, print advertising, flyers, emails and the company website, as well as production management duties for assigned projects.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Work in conjunction with Managing Editor and all other Creative Services staff to produce original, grammatically correct and stylistically appropriate copy for promotional materials produced in-house by the Marketing Department. These materials include (but are not limited to):
o Selected brochures
o A&K website
o Electronic communications
o Direct mail
o Consumer and trade advertising
o Editorial and blog content
o Sales materials
• Follow in-house procedures for writing, revising and routing copy drafts. Work with appropriate personnel in Sales, Planning and Marketing to acquire the product knowledge necessary for each project.
• Assume production responsibility for assigned A&K brochures. In addition to copy writing/editing, liaise with relevant Product Managers to circulate formats and alterations as necessary and track all internal and external deadlines. Ensure consistency of content across media.
• Track daily progress of all projects; attend and contribute to weekly group meetings and Marketing department meetings.
• Perform all tasks in a timely and effective manner in accordance with company policies and in harmony with co-workers.
• Other duties to be determined by management.
Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrated ability to produce engaging, concise, original copy within tight timeframes and for a wide variety of applications that meet marketing objectives. Demonstrated ability in copy editing and proofreading; excellent spelling and grammar.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to perform well under deadline. Ability to successfully handle both long- and short-schedule projects as well as to prioritize workload and integrate his/her efforts with the schedules and requirements of coworkers. Demonstrated ability to work constructively on many simultaneous projects. Attention to detail and concern for accuracy is a must.
• Computer literate; experienced and skilled in Microsoft Office applications. Apple Mac, Adobe Creative Suite and/or desktop publishing experience a plus.
• Ability to interact smoothly and productively with design, production and other creative staff.
• Must read/write/speak English.
Education and Experience
• Three years of experience as a copywriter with a design house, advertising or marketing agency, or a corporate marketing department.
• Bachelor’s degree in English Literature, Communications, Journalism or similar is required.
• Experience within the travel industry, or in marketing a luxury brand, will be considered a strong plus. Specific travel experience is also a plus.
• Social media experience is a plus.