To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (Hr) Manager
Confidential • Cleveland, OH
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated self-starter to join our team as HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER within our Cleveland area headquarters office. The incumbent will be responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resource function for the company. This position maintains and enhances the organizations human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices. This position has supervisory responsibility.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for overall management of the Human Resources department; including benefits administration, compensation, compliance, employee relations, employee engagement, performance management, reporting and company communications.
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Responsible for the administration of human resources for all company locations
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the department
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives and systems
- Assist with recruiting function, as needed
- Implement and update the compensation program; conduct annual salary surveys and develop merit pool (salary budget); analyze compensation; implement and monitor the performance evaluation program and revise, as necessary
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures; perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness
- Maintain EEO-1 program; file EEO-1 annually; maintain other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Responsible for conducting exit interviews
- Establish and maintain department records and reports
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, as needed
- Maintain employee directory
- Evaluate reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals; recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws
- Develop, administer and maintain the company benefit programs
- Oversee and administer the company timekeeping and payroll processes
- Bachelor’s in Human Resources or relevant program, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ human resources experience
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SPHR/PHR preferred
- Understanding of personnel policies and practices
- Knowledge of benefit and compensation administration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must possess strong leadership skills
- Must possess ability to work in a high intensity, fast-paced environment