To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Western NY, NY 14701
- Natalie Kress
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
TxMQ, Inc. • Western NY, NY
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TxMQ is currently assisting their client in the search for a qualified Control Engineer for their manufacturing facility in Western New York that will be designing electrical control systems for custom & standard products.
REPORTING TO: Chief Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design PLC and HMI logic using products from a variety of manufacturers.
- Generation of CAD drawing packages including customer approval, wiring schematics & panel layout. Generation of bill of material, estimate cost of purchased items, and requisition all necessary material and components.
- Review Engineering job file and design products to specification.
- Interact and communicate with customers and other engineering staff members as project dictates.
- Research and use new software and hardware packages.
- Support all other departments on an as need basis regarding electrical components of the machine, assisting engineers and electricians.
- Assist customers with debugging and machine runoffs, as well as supporting projects in the field, as needed, during start-up and through warranty period.
- May assist in the training of new employees.
- Other functions as directed.
- Must be able to periodically travel to customer jobsite for start ups, machine commissioning and warranty work as dictated by project. All projects to not require travel, most stays are from 1 to 2 days, some could be more.
- BS in Electrical Engineering and/or 3-5 years of technical experience – Electrical, Electronics, Control Engineering and Design
- Product Component level knowledge, custom systems or design experience.
- Project leadership or engineering experience where multiple projects can be handled at once.
- AutoCAD and AutoCAD Electrical experience.
- Ability to travel if/when needed.
- The ability to communicate verbally and/or in writing with other employees, departments, management and customer relating to projects in progress, issues and/or completion. Presentation skills with regard to presenting information to groups of employees, customers, vendors etc.
- Strong mathematical and PC skills, ability to identify work process problems and possible solutions.
- Additional needs to include the maintenance of local, regional and/or national memberships in appropriate professional orgs and associations. With regard to physical demands and work environment, the Controls Engineer will be able to sit at a workstation in a controlled environment of office, along with traditional shop atmosphere where he/she can be exposed to loud noises and various fumes or smells based on job and also work around high voltage machinery.
- Hiring salary on this role will be competitive and based on experience and relevance to the outline of responsibilities above.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
- TxMQ would like to extend thanks to all applicants, however, only those that may qualify for the position will be contacted for a preliminary interview screening.
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions