To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Dustin Kollman
- Phone: (262) 886-8000 X214
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PointOne Recruiting Solutions • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Seeking a Transportation Manager to manage the transportation of fresh produce shipments from the company's shipping points located throughout the U.S. to its retail customers by procuring and monitoring the freight services of owner-operators and 3PL's.
To co-ordinate the timely shipment and delivery of the company's fresh produce with an emphasis on securing sufficient truck capacity at competitive rates, achieving safe and timely delivery of shipments, and prompt detection, communication, and resolution of transit issues.
- Successful applicant may work from our Scottsdale, AZ or Moultrie, GA offices or from a remote location of their choosing.
- Position may entail early start times and long days during seasonal shipment peaks with night and weekend call coverage as necessary to manage job responsibilities.
- Competitive salary, performance bonus and benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k).
- Minimum two weeks paid vacation with additional vacation days as job duties allow - sick days and family leave liberally accommodated as needs arise, within reasonable limits.
- Secure trucks for refrigerated and non-refrigerated shipments of the company's fresh produce on an advance, and day of, basis by contracting with owner-operators and 3PL's.
- Communicate all necessary information and documents for pickup, proper transit, and delivery to carriers contracted on the company's shipments.
- Monitor all shipments for timely pickup, transit, and delivery. Promptly communicate any delays or issues with pickup, transit or delivery to the company's sales staff and work to minimize the impact of any issues on the operations of the company and its customers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with owner-operators and 3PL's to secure sufficient capacity to reliably and economically accommodate the company's current and future transportation needs and meet the service level goals of the company and its customers.
- Work with the sales staff of the company to coordinate shipments to optimize performance and cost savings.
- Manage the other members of the transportation team in their efforts to support the responsibilities of the Transportation Manager.
- Four Year Degree - Supply Chain/Logistics, Business or Agriculture Studies preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Aptitude for prioritizing and managing fluid and time sensitive tasks in a high energy, high urgency environment.
- Familiarity with Load Boards and Freight Management Software.
- Previous experience as a freight broker or transportation manager.
- Previous experience in the produce industry.
- Transportation Management or Brokerage: 1 year
- Produce Industry: 1 year