To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Stevens Point, WI
- Tarrah Jennings
- Phone: 312-517-8274
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Access Insurance Verification Representative - Lands End Building
R1 RCM Inc. • Stevens Point, WI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Shift : Days ; 8:30a - 5p
Set your sights on a role making a real difference in the healthcare system. We’re looking for a self-motivated Patient Access Insurance Specialist to join our team. We have a relentless focus on driving results for our customers and enabling them to invest more into patient care; in turn, this allows us to continue to grow our company and your career.
The primary focus for this role is to mitigate the financial risks to our hospital clients. To do this this position is responsible for contacting patients directly and/or using alternative means to secure patient’s information such as demographics, insurance/coverage and clinical information needed to determine patient’s eligibility, coverage, and insurance limitations. Patient Access Insurance Specialist will use analytical skills to make decisions and explain coverage details so that patients completely understand what their financial responsibility will be. Associates in this role are empowered to identify additional resources and refer patients who might have difficulty meeting their financial responsibilities. Patient Access Insurance Specialist will information to provide necessary information to insurance providers to prevent claim denials for applicable patients.
Your day to day role will include:
- Confirms demographic and insurance information and updates systems as needed.
- Determines necessity for pre-authorization and obtains authorization for scheduled procedures.
- Maintains and updates knowledge of various insurance requirements.
- Keeps team members informed of insurance changes.
- Educates applicable departments regarding payor changes.
- Perform all other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Capacity to manage shifting priorities in a time sensitive environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Ideal candidate will possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interface across all levels, both internal and external in nature
It would be great if you also have:
- Basic Word/Excel
- Medical terminology
- Prior experience with Summary Plan Descriptions
R1 is changing healthcare by infusing operational discipline and proprietary technology in hospital financial processes. We are an industry leader; we are the only independent organization with a comprehensive service and technology offering for hospital revenue cycle management, and we have achieved leading outcomes for our customers.
- A strong financial performing, growing organization that will keep you on your toes with new ideas, changes and opportunities to learn and grow in abundance.
- A culture of excellence, driving customer success so they can focus on improving patient care and on giving back to the community.
- A Total Rewards package which may include such things as: competitive compensation package, the ability to choose from a comprehensive benefit program mostly funded by R1 that includes medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, commuter benefits, life and disability insurance, along with work life balance programs including paid time off for personal time, illness and volunteering, and we offer a retirement savings plan and continuing training and development and so much more!
Sound like you? Let’s talk!
R1 is a leading provider of revenue cycle management services and Physician Advisory Services to healthcare providers. We are the largest independent end-to-end revenue cycle provider and have the longest operating history in the revenue cycle industry. R1’s objective is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our distinctive operating model and values includes people, processes, and sophisticated integrated technology/analytics that help customers realize sustainable improvements in their operating margins and improve the satisfaction of their patients, physicians, and staff. We are dedicated to transforming the commercial infrastructure and patient experience in healthcare.