To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hauppauge, NY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
School Cafeteria Worker
Horizon Staffing Solutions • Hauppauge, NY
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: School Cafeteria Aide / Worker
Horizon Staffing Solutions is looking for school cafeteria aides / workers for high schools, middle schools, and elementary schools in Suffolk County, NY. School cafeteria aides are just one of the many groups of people that contribute to a child’s education. Nutritionists, dieticians and other appropriately trained staff members plan menus for students. These menus must meet many different nutritional standards.
Cafeteria workers / aides must wear protective clothing such as hairnets and plastic gloves. They must be very diligent when it comes to food safety and avoid cross contamination. Many students have allergies to different foods, and can be highly sensitive.
- Suffolk County, New York
- Middle Schools, High Schools, and Elementary Schools
- 20-25 hours per week
- Temp to hire and temp
- Immediate positions are available depending on experience.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Serve meals using standards to maintain sanitation and quality.
- Store stock appropriately in order to maintain cleanliness and prevent food spoilage.
- Clean assigned dining areas using appropriate procedures.
- Wash dishes and/or utensils according to acceptable standards of practice.
- Perform some cashier duties
- Ensure compliance with sanitation.
- At least one year experience in the food industry
- High School Diploma / GED