To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
406 Heron Drive
Logan Township, NJ 08085
- Meagan Blessing
- Phone: (856) 294-4207
- Phone:: 856-294-4201
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources (HR) Generalist
Taylor Farms Food Service • Logan Township, NJ
Posted 6 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Taylor Farms, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to attracting and retaining the best possible talent to manage and help grow our business. We want our team to be composed of energetic members who are looking for an exceptional work experience and atmosphere – people who share our commitment to innovation, quality, excellence and are passionate about food.
We have a great opportunity for an individual to join our team to provide Human Resource Generalist support services at our manufacturing facility. The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing all HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the management and HR team in supporting designated projects. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training and coaching (group and one-on-one), performance management, on-boarding, new hire transitions, policy implementation/interpretation, facility communication, employment/labor law compliance, employee reporting and compensation/benefit administration support.
• Works collaboratively with employees and management to provide guidance on various issues including but not limited to labor and employee relation issues, interpretation of plant policies and practices, performance management and investigations, benefits and compensation programs.
• Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment, discrimination, etc.
• Partners with management in drafting and reviewing corrective action and performance improvement plans.
• Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the performance management guide for the company. Counsels managers on employment issues.
• Develop and execute people processes that attract, train, and retain employees to support the organization's short and long term business needs.
• Provides fast pace walk-in support to employees soliciting support.
• Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
• Utilizes a variety of translation tools (online and apps) to support a multi-culture/language working environment.
• Provides competitive market research on various HR related topics and prepares/presents the data as needed to management staff.
• Partners with accounting and payroll to maintain the employee/payroll database.
• Supports gathering salary survey data when needed.
• Spends time on the production floor to maintain positive rapport, answer questions, and proactively address issues.
• Assists company-wide teams including the wellness, education and training, environmental health and safety, culture and communication activities.
• Plans and coordinate company events in partnership with HR Assistant.
• Serves as point-of-contact between employees and management team on escalated employee issues. Identifies potential issues, offers advice and provide solutions.
• Creates/coordinate/posts regular communication updates to the facilities through email, posters and television updates.
• Supports administrative and planning activities for the Adopt-A-School and Scholarship programs.
• Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
• Tracks corrective action plans and exit interview data to determine trends and recommend possible solutions to reduce organizational risk and improve employee engagement.
• Conducts exit interviews for hourly and salaried employees.
• Assist with identification of training initiatives for the site.
• Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested.
• Development, review and update job descriptions as needed.
• Supports new hire transitions by processing background checks and pre-employment drug screens as needed.
• Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars as needed.
• Maintains labor and employment compliance posters throughout facility.
• Maintains, tracks and updates electronic filing system.
• Writes, distributes and tracks employee attendance employee disciplinary actions.
• Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
• Participate in other Human Resource projects, duties and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or related field
• Bilingual in English/Spanish (read, write, translate and speak)
• 5 years Human Resources experience
• Excellent communication written, verbal and interpersonal skills
• Must be proficient with MS Office software
• Knowledge of employment and labor law
• Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships within all departments
• Strong problem solving, multitasking, time management and organizational skills
• High change agility to adjust to business needs
• Ability to work off schedule shifts as needed
• Ability to train groups of employees, supervisors or managers either in a group setting or one-on-one
• Ability to work with ambiguity, creativity and be highly flexible
• Ability to accommodate an early start or late workday as the business needs
EXPERIENCE PREFERRED (but not required):
• HRIS (Ultipro)
• Spend time on the production floor periodically in 32-40 degree temperatures
• Sitting, standing and walking regularly
• Work in a fast paced environment
• Work in a cubicle (open workspace)