To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Sea Ray Drive
Merritt Island, FL 32953
- Kim Tucker
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Arnott Inc • Merritt Island, FL
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
If you are looking to join a growing company, Arnott Inc. is looking for a highly qualified Accounting Clerk. If you have a diverse background in accounting and meet the job requirements outlined below we’d love to have you join our team.
POSITION OBJECTIVE - The Accounting Specialist is responsible for completing basic bookkeeping and accounting functions. He/she posts receipts, expenses or other transactions and verifies their accuracy; processes and monitors payments; reviews invoices, bills or other documents for accuracy before processing and recording; and sorts and files documents and maintains departmental files as directed.
- The position performs a variety of accounting tasks and related clerical support functions including: posting customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions; monitoring and reconciling accounts; researching, tracking and resolving documentation problems and discrepancies in a timely manner.
- The Clerk ensures that accounts are accurate, up to date, and that client accounts are paid within established time frames. He/she monitors client accounts and immediately notifies management regarding delinquent accounts, invoice discrepancies, or other types of payment problems.
- The incumbent maintains updated vendor files and file numbers; prepare batches of invoices for data entry; records all payments, verifies totals, and updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices; and processes backup reports after data entry is completed.
- She/he provides and maintains adequate information to verify or support financial records and ensure compliance with established policies and procedures. Department files, documents, records and reports are accurately prepared and maintained and functions are conducted in accordance within generally accepted guidelines and timeframes established. Information is kept confidential.
- As assigned, the incumbent may compile financial information and prepare various financial reports, statements, forms and logs. He/she maintain files including accounts payable documentation and other miscellaneous filings. He/she prepares correspondence and answers inquiries regarding accounting information as required.
- The position is responsible for handling employee expense reporting reimbursements. She/he ensures compliance by verifying documentation and following-up with staff on missing or incomplete submissions for payment.
- College level accounting classes or 2-year Accounting Degree and (2) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience generally requires two years of experience in an accounting setting to become familiar with the accepted accounting practices involved in maintaining financial records, reconciling accounting information and preparing financial statements.
- The ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information; experience with all Microsoft products is required; Great Plains experience a plus.
- Solid oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong process orientation: Detail oriented with the ability to perform mathematic calculations including add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Comprehensive understanding of office administration and bookkeeping procedures as well as accounts receivable and general ledgers is required.