To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Supervisor - Las Colinas Station Apartments
LMC, A Lennar Company • Dallas, TX
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At LMC, it’s all about the team. We believe in finding great people, with great passion, and setting them up to shape the culture and management of our communities. Staying nimble, while hiring experts, keeps us true to our values of quality, communication, and integrity. LMC is a very special place to work, largely because of the special people who work here. Our company culture is infused with spirit, enthusiasm, and vitality. Our open channels of communication unite our associates and foster inspiration, collaboration, and high-fives. Hope you are looking for opportunities at one of America's leading apartment developers and the 2017 Best Place to Work in Multifamily, because here they come.
Summary of Position:
Oversees and performs technical and mechanical work that ensures the inside and external buildings, grounds, amenities, and common areas of the community meet LMC’s standards for cleanliness, appearance, safety, and overall functionality by performing maintenance-related tasks. Primary responsibilities include maintenance of the community, including overall inspections, repairs, and general maintenance of market-ready apartments and other interior/exterior areas. Lead the maintenance team by delegating, supervising, and directing the work of the department.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Community Manager, develops standards for the cleanliness and overall appearance of the apartment community’s grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready apartment interiors, breezeways, curbs, signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots, and other buildings and common areas to ensure that they reflect and represent the high quality of the community’s and Company’s standards.
- As team leader, responsible for training and supervision of the maintenance team and is involved with Community Manager with hiring, interviewing, training, and completing performance reviews.
- Oversees and completes the “make-ready" process to prepare vacant apartment homes for leasing and new move-ins by completing the pre-move-out inspection, creating a “punch" list of maintenance work needed, scheduling vendors and contractors as needed, obtaining needed supplies and materials, completing all maintenance tasks, and inspecting completed work.
- Periodically inspects work performed by other service team members to assess effectiveness of policies and procedures and work with the Community Manager to develop corrective action plans as needed.
- Periodically inspects work performed by contractors, vendors and other service providers to verify the work, materials and services meet quality standards, scope and specifications as required.
- Maintains adequate inventory of spare parts and maintenance materials and works with Community Manager to order supplies and tools as needed to stay within budgetary guidelines.
- Assists Community Manager in developing the budget for regular repair and maintenance and capital expenses.
- Completes monthly Preventative Maintenance procedures as outlined in the Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Supports cost-cutting and expense control programs by fixing rather than replacing parts when possible, not being wasteful with materials and supplies, and practicing the correct use for tools and equipment.
- Conducts regularly scheduled Company safety meetings, ensure all MSDS sheets are current and readily accessible, and keeps up to date on all OSHA and other safety related laws and requirements to ensure community compliance.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions appropriately.
- Schedules and performs minor and routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues appropriately.
- Conducts routine and periodic community inspections to identify safety and risk management concerns, keep the community in good repair, and communicate concerns about the physical needs of the community appropriately.
- Identifies areas for improvement and offers suggestions and recommendations to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Completes documentation and other paperwork timely and accurately so that service requests can be appropriately documented, tracked and completed.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- Ability to keep sensitive information highly confidential at all times.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of six years of experience in property management maintenance or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of Maintenance Supervisor or equivalent experience is strongly preferred.
- Must have EPA certifications Type I and II or Universal for refrigerant recycling (Applies to Certified Service Technicians).
- Must have all certifications as required by State and Local jurisdictions (Applies to both Certified and Non-Certified Service Technicians).
- Must provide own hand tools unless prohibited by State law and must be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use and maintenance of hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, mechanical equipment and measuring devices.
- Proficiency in customer service and interpersonal communication skills in order to effectively interact with residents, clients, team members, and other business contacts, respond courteously to questions and requests, and stay calm when addressing and resolving customer problems.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers, the internet, word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to maintain records of information and develop and provide information for Company’s use. (Property management system experience is preferred.)
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively, act as first point of contact for internal team members and external visitors to the Company, and answer questions related to department operating policies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define and correct problems.
- Ability to operate basic office machines such as copiers, fax machines, calculators, key machines, postage meters, and multi-line telephone systems.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions in order to review and complete various financial, administrative, and legal documents.
This is a position which requires the Service Supervisor to frequently walk, stand and climb stairs in/around apartment homes, models and apartment communities. Must also have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. independently and 50 lbs. with assistance. Finger dexterity is necessary. Rare or regular travel may be required to assist other apartment communities as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position. Associates must be able to work inside and outside in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet).
• Associates must be able to work a flexible work schedule, which includes “on-call" work shifts during evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Arrive to work on time.
• Follow directions from a supervisor.
• Interact well with co-workers.
• Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
• Accept constructive criticism.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.