To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Old Riverdale Road
College Park, GA 30349
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Forklift Operator, Let Down
SYSCO • College Park, GA
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
The Sysco Atlanta, located at 2225 Riverdale Road, College Park, GA, 30337 is currently hiring Forklift Operator, Let Down.
This is an Operations position responsible for stocking received merchandise in the appropriate location, operating and maintaining equipment associated with warehouse activity and performing other related duties as required.
- Operates electric forklift, which requires moving levers and pressing pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus in the cooler, freezer, and dry spaces.
- Unloads/loads pallets of products using pallet jacks and forklifts.
- Stores and removes pallets of products from rack locations.
- Puts product in overflow locations.
- Hand stacks product onto/off of pallets and into packing locations as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment by performing duties of sweeping, ice removal, scrubbing with rags and brushes, and removing trash as required.
- Transfers any leftover items to the Home slot at the end of the shift.
- Cleans up aisles and pick up leftover pallets at the end of the shift.
- Performs duties of order selector as needed.
To submit your application for this job, please go to: https://careers.sysco.com/jobs/55086/Forklift+Operator,+Let+Down?lang=en-US
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Forklift experience is preferred.
Education and / or Experience:
- Less than high school education.
- One year of warehouse distribution experience.
- Pallet Jack and Forklift Certification from Sysco.
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 -80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to handle up to 80 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.