To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Turtle Creek, PA
- Emma Paz
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Insurance Verification Specialist
Medix • Turtle Creek, PA
Posted 7 days ago
Insurance Verification Specialist
Medix creates opportunities for contract employees through our Healthcare, Scientific, and IT divisions. Our Healthcare division is dedicated to placing qualified professionals in the Case Management, Medical Administrative, and Insurance industries. We are seeking Insurance Verification Specialist to work for our large healthcare company in the Monroeville, PA.
When you choose to partner with Medix, you will experience the multiple benefits our company has to offer, starting with our excellent placement services. If you need anything, from resume tips to information on the company you’re interviewing with, your recruiter will be only a phone call away.
Other responsibilities of the Insurance Verification Specialist role include:
· Obtains and maintains patient demographic information and data collection systems.
· Work all billing/collection reports, queues, or diversions according to payer and company policy guidelines
· Researches and responds by telephone, via the Internet and in writing to insurance companies and governmental payers regarding billing issues and problems
· Follows up on submitted claims; monitors unpaid claims, initiates appeals and resubmits claims as necessary insurance payers for reimbursement
· Resolve insurance problems and patient issues that may have resulted from incorrect or incomplete information, therapy changes and pharmacy or shipping errors.
As a Insurance Verification Specialist, you must have a calm focus and the ability to multitask in sometimes challenging and busy circumstances. We are looking for someone who is mature, confident, and flexible with a positive attitude and strong work ethic. This position requires an individual who works quickly and goes beyond the call of duty.
Other requirements of the Insurance Verification Specialist role include:
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment while having strong attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret department documents when required
- Good communication skills are required to excel in this position
Once you have been a contract employee of Medix for 30 days, you become eligible for our Benefits Program. Should you elect to enroll, there are three levels of medical coverage to choose from, supplemental dental plans and term plans as well as the option to enroll your spouse and/or children. You can select the best combination that best suits your needs.
As a contract employee with Medix, you can choose to enroll in our Benefits Program during your eligibility period and enjoy:
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Paid time off benefits available
· A limited benefit medical plan with the American Worker
· Doctor visits with inexpensive co-pay
· Limited Outpatient Care
· Limited Accident Coverage
· Prescription Programs
· Dental Plan
· Vision Discount Program
· Term Life Insurance Plans
Medix is dedicated to positively impacting lives every day!
This year’s recipient of the Business Ledger's "Entrepreneurial Excellence Growth Award"
Join our network of talented professionals!