Thermal-Tech Systems, Located in West Suburbs, IL, is now seeking a Shipping/Receiving associate to join our team.
If you are a dedicated professional with shipping/receiving experience, in a manufacturing setting, this is an excellent opportunity to take on your next challenge with an industry leading company.
Employees are our best asset and our goal is to recruit and retain employees who wish to thrive on challenge and are passionate about making a difference. We focus on quality, benefits and programs that are comprehensive, and enhance our employees’ work-life balance.
General Shipping Activities:Ensure every shipment arrives on time and within budget. Build wooden crates for product shipment and repack orders for shipment. Experience with LTL, small parcel, imports, exports, UPS/FedEx.Monitor and oversee outgoing and incoming shipping activities to verify items are shipping to the correct location and in good condition. They make sure weights are correctly posted, that correct charges are applied, and that shipments are moved from shipping points to storage areas, and also resolve issues with shipping orders.
Inspect Loading Operations:Responsible for inspecting every aspect of the loading operations to make sure they follow warehouse and shipping specifications and to ensure proper use of warehouse space.
Shipping Orders:Reads all shipping notices, orders, BOL’s and other documents to manage priorities and ensure that the correct shipping methods are used. They also make sure shipping records are accurately stored in the database. Daily Communicate with Production, Sales and Management for scheduling in coordinating shipping responsibilities
Inventory Reconciliation:Conduct regular inventory reconciliation to ensure adequate supplies to meet the company’s production goals. They report to management on damaged goods and any discrepancies with inventory.
Schedule Driver Staff:Oversees drivers to make sure all items are prepared, shipped, and received on time while complying with company policy. Liaison between workers and management and report on shipping activities and issues. Maintain and schedule maintenance logs of all forklifts, and company vehicles. Ensure Driver logs, Class C or CDL Requirements and reporting are properly maintained.
Maintain Warehouse Safety and Cleanliness:Safety and cleanliness are an essential part of a shipping operation, and comply with safety regulations, and proper PPE.Train new employees on Osha Safety and Forklift certification. Train the Trainer Insure compliance with Company, OSHA, DOT, and EPA regulations and power industrial equipment requirements.
· Carpentry skills strongly preferred
- Class C Drivers license required, CDL preferred
· Experience requirements for LTL, small parcel, imports, exports, UPS/FedEx
- Forklift experience; must pass Pall certification requirements.
- Must be familiar with other warehouse equipment to included pallet jacks, docking stations, scales, shrink wrap machines, hoists, other machinery.
- Computer skills required
- Must be able to work any shift and be flexible to work overtime as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work in a ware house environment, which requires standing, sitting, walking, bending, kneeling and lifting 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Three years of material handling experience, shipping and receiving experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Assemble, address, and ship merchandise or material
- Schedule local driver for deliveries and pickups
- Unpack, verify, and record incoming merchandise or material
- Arrange appropriate transportation of products
- Assist customers and staff with shipping inquiries
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned
- Dependable, responsible and willing to accept accountability.
- Extremely safety conscious.
- Rule driven with the ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Good computer skills with technical warehouse aptitude.
- Self-starter. Takes ownership without needing to be directed.
- Good communication skills with ability to communicate effectively, read, and interpret documents in the English language, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions including procedure manuals.
· Build wooden crates for product shipment and repack orders for shipment
- Cut wood planks and panels
- Create frame structures
- Nail/screw together
* Utilize measuring tape, panel saw, screw guns, nail guns, various packaging equipment
- Calculate crate size based on Internal Dimensions needed
- Operate forklift to move crates or materials when necessary
- Receive inbound shipments, Ship outbound material.
- Load and unload material from various carriers.
- Cycle count and physical inventory.
- Properly store all warehouse materials.
- Must be knowledgeable of Hazardous Waste Handling.
- Use computers Interpret work order and sales order material/delivery requirements.
- Follow and abide by defined business processes and procedures.
- Work with management to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Communicate professionally with others.
- Investigate and correct transactions as required.
- Maintain a safe work area, participate in safety training and follow all defined OSHA guidelines.
* Report all accidents/incidents and unsafe work conditions to Management/HR.
- Assist with the training of other material handlers.
- Work to gain knowledge of all warehouse activities.
- Perform tasks accurately and timely.
- Work with limited supervision.
· Other duties as assigned.
Customer Service Metrics