To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
255 South Leland Norton Way
San Bernardino, CA 92408
- Phone: 909-348-1700
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Unical Aviation Inc • San Bernardino, CA
Posted 6 days ago
Travel - None
Experience - 1 to 2 years
Degree - High School
Airline - Aviation, Military, Defense - Aerospace
Installation - Maint - Repair, Skilled Labor - Trades, Other
Relocation - No
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Aircraft MechanicUnical Aviation has been the industry’s go-to global supplier of aircraft parts and components for more than two decades. We began operations in 1990, focusing on consumable and expendable inventories. Since then, we’ve built a strong foundation of enduring relationships with suppliers of every type, all around the world, and a massive inventory of parts—millions of them—ready to go, right now, wherever you need them.
Unical Aviation has been the industry’s go-to global supplier of aircraft parts and components for more than two decades. With a disassembly facility at the San Bernardino International Airport (SBD) in San Bernardino CA, we are able to disassemble an aircraft from top to bottom, removing aircraft components that we are able to collect, inspect, repair, overhaul and sell. The Aircraft Disassembly Mechanic will be responsible for the removal of commercial aircraft components from primarily Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, and Airbus aircraft.
We offer a comprehensive Benefits package including:
- Family Health Plans including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life and Accidental Death & Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Plans
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Matching
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Supplemental Insurance
- Fitness Classes & Equipment
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Wellness Programs
- Company Sponsored Fitness Teams
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Bereavement Pay
• Disassemble and remove commercial aircraft components in accordance with company, FAA and other regulatory agencies policies and procedures
• Will be cross utilized to perform maintenance and preventative maintenance under the 145 Repair Station
• Read, interpret, and comply with all aircraft manuals, primarily the Aircraft Maintenance Manuals (AMM) and the Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC)
• Properly tag parts to identify description, part number, serial number, and the aircraft that it was removed from
• Drain fluids and cap those components that are needed to prevent leakage and/or damage
• Handle all components with the utmost care prior to sending out for repair
• Must have access to your own hand tools; specialty tools will be provided by the company
• Properly use and operate support equipment in performance of assigned duties such as ladders, jacks, lifts, calibrated tooling, etc.
• Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety shields, and safety harnesses to ensure safety at all times
Aircraft Mechanic• 2 years disassembly experience required; heavy maintenance or military experience may be considered as well
• Must supply you own hand tools
• Must be able to successfully pass FAA approved alcohol, drug, and background checks
• Must be able to work comfortably outdoors, in high/low temperatures, and high noise-level environments
• U.S. person or lawful permanent resident (green card holder) preferred due to ITAR regulations.
• A&P Licensed Mechanic is preferred
• Must be fluent in speaking, reading and writing English
May be required
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.