To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Jose, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Outside Sales Representative (Retail Dealer)
MSI • San Jose, CA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About MSI. Founded in 1975, MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products. Headquartered in Orange, California, MSI also maintains distribution centers across the United States and Canada. MSIs product line includes natural stone products imported from over 36 countries on six continents. In addition, MSI carries an extensive offering of porcelain, ceramic, glass and quartz products. The company maintains an inventory of over 75 million square feet. For more information, visit msistone.com.
We provide our employees with great benefits that feature programs like employee medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k contribution (up to 4% of your base salary), as well as vacation time.
MSI is looking for a skilled professional to fill our Outside Sales Representative (Retail Dealer) to cover the South Bay Territory.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to do the following:
· Develops relationships with current customers and potential customers within specific territory
· Assist customers by providing knowledge and training company products to their store personnel, to ensure personnel is able to present product and negotiate well with consumers
· Understands our products, our market competition and how to position products to overcome these factors
· Manages displays, samples, and selling tools for customer availability.
· Understands retail business financials to consult with dealers on retail pricing, advertising, promotions and ROI.
· Quotes prices, discusses credit terms and prepares sales contracts for customer orders
· Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company’s delivery schedules.
· Review and analyze various sales reports to identify sales potential with current customers and potential new customers
· Utilize any and all marketing tools such as catalogs, brochures and vendor collateral to broaden reach in territory and promote company product
· Researches and analyzes customer needs and demands based on market information
· Investigates and resolves customer claims/problems with deliveries, returns and credits
· Attends trade shows throughout the year as required
· Travels 40% - 80% locally, occasionally nationally and/or internationally.
· Performs additional duties as required and or requested.
Additionally the candidate must meet the following Education and Experience requirements:
- Strong math skills calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, percentages, area, and volume.
- Ability to determine solutions for customers.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Valid driver’s license
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. H.S. Diploma Required.
- Minimum of 2 years of related industry experience; natural stone, tile or hard flooring industries. Preferably experience with the Retailer Dealer segment.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills
- Provide high level of customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
If you possess the required skills and experience, we would love to meet you!
You can learn more about us online at www.msistone.com or submit your resume at https://www.msistone.com/careers/careerdetail.aspx?joblocid=9
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered for this position. Please do not apply unless you meet all requirements.