To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wichita, KS
- Tim Ulrey
- Phone: 800-690-3280
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Plant Process Engineer – Injection Molding
Plastic Executive Recruiters • Wichita, KS
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
FAST APPLY - Quick and Confidential
Sr. Process Engineer – Plastics Manufacturing Processing
Direct hire with benefits, annual bonus, and relocation
- Pay: Up to $110K + annual bonus opportunity + relocation package
- Location: Wichita, KS area
- Appropriate Engineering Backgrounds: Must have injection molding and/or plastic extrusion experience
- Bonus Skills; RJG / Master Molder / Scientific Molding (not required)
THE COMPANY & THE PLANT
This direct hire opening is with a global plastics company that has dozens of facilities across N. America. They offer solid benefits and 401K packages. Annual bonus is steady (8-23%), and relocation package is fantastic. There are around 175 employees in this location and roughly 25 plastic production lines (plastic injection molding, extrusion).
THE JOB: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer / Project Engineer / Plant Engineer / Process Engineer
The position is essentially a project engineer that leans heavily on the processing side (from NPD to post production cost-savings via line efficiency). Projects will range from new product introduction, new equipment installs, continuous improvement, equipment reliability & up-time, and product quality & corrective actions. Other duties will include SOP development, creating manuals, and training program development.
This is an on-the-floor role around 60% of the time – you will not be sitting down on CAD programs or doing copious amounts of regulatory paperwork. You will work with high speed production lines and downstream equipment. Your role will be a mixture of process engineer, manufacturing, engineer, scale up / NPD (during new product roll outs), and continuous improvement / cost savings. You will wear these different hats in concert with the stages of projects that you juggle.
VISIBILITY AND ADVANCEMENT
This is a very large plastics company with dozens of locations. Advancement can be into technical management, operations management, or corporate engineering.
- 4 year degree 100% needed. Engineering degree highly preferred: BSME (mechanical engineering), BSEE (electrical engineering), BS Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Polymer Science, Plastics Engineering, etc. BS Manufacturing, etc.
- 100 % needed: either plastic extrusion or injection molding experience
- You have held an engineering role for 2+ years at a plastics plant: Process engineer, manufacturing engineer, industrial engineer, materials engineer, continuous improvement engineer, plant engineer, equipment engineer, product development engineer, extrusion engineer, molding engineer, etc.