GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: To facilitate the flow of organization information; to provide a positive, responsive environment for receiving internal and external customers via telephone and face-to-face.
1. Participates in mandatory orientation and training activities
2. Answers and responds to incoming telephone calls.
3. Provides routine organization-related information to callers and visitors.
4. Signs for, receives and routes incoming mail, including counter deliveries.
5. Provides back-up clerical support to various departments.
6. Greets and responds to applicants for employment.
7. Maintains documentation related to Needs Assessment and Referral calls.
8. Participates in training and development activities as assigned or approved to enhance job knowledge and skills.
9. Participates in activities which enhance professional growth and development.
10. Demonstrates conduct in keeping with Aurora ethical standards.
11. Complies with facility safety, infection control and security program.
12. Supports facility internal and external customer service standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
High school level reading and writing skill; basic arithmetic skills; skills in business English usage; excellent telephone etiquette and tact; pleasant and audible speech, with good enunciation; must possess a strong customer service approach, skilled, experience candidate for PBX with the ability to operate Cisco VolPSystem, or similar; flexibility; type; some computer knowledge; ability to interact effectively with persons of widely diverse roles, backgrounds, cultures, and socio-economic classes, those in crises or resistant or negative toward organization; ability to remain seated at switchboard for long periods of time without significant discomfort or distress.
Training And Development