To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
19319 Oil Center Boulevard
Houston, TX 77073
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Information Technology
TAS Commercial Concrete • Houston, TX
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction is a leader in the concrete construction industry providing customer satisfaction, quality, production, safety, and integrity since 1980. Our concrete services include light commercial, structural, industrial, tilt wall, turnkey, pour and finish, and pumping in the Houston, Dallas/Fort Worth and Austin areas. Our rich history and accomplished portfolio has consistently ranked TAS among ENR Top Concrete Contractors since 1995. TAS is an operating subsidiary of Orion Group Holdings, Inc. (www.oriongroupholdingsinc.com).
At TAS, we provide peace of mind as much as we do concrete services. It's what the company's reputation is built on and how our clients benefit from working with us. Clients who know us best are assured we have the resources and commitment to handle every aspect of the job with their interests in mind. That's why they choose to work with us time and again.
For additional information, go to: www.tasconcrete.com.
About the job:
TAS Commercial Concrete Construction has an immediate opening for a Director of Information Technology, in Houston, TX. This position is accountable for managing the Company’s IT department including but not limited to staff and operations for all divisions within TAS Commercial Concrete, LLC (“the Company”). General responsibilities are to oversee and manage the projects and day to day operations of the Company's IT department, ensure maximum uptime for the IT infrastructure, security of the infrastructure is adhering to defined guidelines, and client’s needs are being met with high levels of satisfaction. Typically, the incumbent will interface with employees at every division and senior management.
· Directly manage the daily operations of the IT Department.
· Develop IT policies, procedures, and controls that govern all IT processes to ensure compliance with other Company policies and regulatory entities as well as federal, state, and local laws
· Oversee the infrastructure which includes but is not limited to networking (LAN/WAN), voice services, servers, storage, workstations, security, e-mail, conference rooms, cabling, and cloud services.
· Administer and manage annual IT compliance audits in conjunction with the Internal Audit department.
· Ensure that all work being performed by members of the Information Technology department is being completed in accordance with all compliance regulations, Company policies and procedures, and standard practices.
· Ensure that IT projects are being completed according to the design, budget and schedule set forth and agreed upon by self and Executive Management of the Company
· Perform reviews of the physical, virtual, cloud, security, LAN, WAN, and mobile IT infrastructure and applications to identify and recommend areas of improvement or change that will better suit the goals and needs of the organization and/or reduce capital or operating costs.
· Perform reviews of client satisfaction to identify areas of improvement.
· Assist as needed with analyzing, troubleshooting, and repairing high level systems and applications to maintain their proper configuration, integrity, performance, and security for end users to perform their daily job functions efficiently.
· Responsible for managing the relationships and work being performed by third party consultants and support personnel on special projects or needs that require their assistance to ensure defined SOWs, Company policies and procedures, and Federal regulations are being adhered to.
· Provide operational, service desk, infrastructure, compliance, and other KPI reports to executive management on a continual basis.
· Respond to off-hour alerts, calls, e-mails or notifications to ensure operational efficiency and uptime.
· Assist as needed with any IT related projects as determined by the Vice President of Information Technology.
· Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
· Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
· Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
· Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
· Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
· Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent certifications such as ITIL, PMP, ITAM, MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, CCNP and 12 years’ experience in the field or in a related area with 6 years’ experience leading teams. The incumbent must have excellent computer skills and be knowledgeable with all Microsoft applications including Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, Systems Center, Office365, SQL, Word, Excel, Access Outlook, and PowerPoint, and Mobile Device systems. The incumbent must also be knowledgeable with Active Directory setup and maintenance and current security management standards as well as LAN/WAN technologies, standards, securities, and best practices. The position also requires exceptional problem solving, interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and relate to senior-level executives, management, as well as all levels of employees.
Discretion and trustworthiness, and the ability to keep all Company information and materials strictly confidential (both internally and externally) are essential elements of this position.
In addition, the incumbent must also:
- Be able to prioritize and plan work activities to make effective use of time;
- Be able to work outside of normal business hours;
- Be able to manage and lead other employees in the department;
- Be well organized and task oriented to provide effective support;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to perform work duties with minimal supervision;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization;
- Be able to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive business matters
- Be flexible with ability to adjust to rapid changes in work priorities
- Be able to travel as needed to perform job related tasks or assist in IT related projects.
Must be well organized, diligent, and be a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and to independently identify work to be done. Must be flexible, and have the ability to adjust to sudden changes in work priorities. The incumbent must also have the ability to prioritize work generally and in order to accommodate those changes. Attention to detail and extreme care in performing tasks accurately and carefully are also essential
The Company expects and requires incumbent and each of its other employees to observe and fulfill the above and all other safety responsibilities and actively work toward maintaining a safe workplace. Failure to do so can result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Compensation & Benefits:
An excellent compensation and benefits package is offered. Benefit plans include:
· Medical, including Employee Assistance Plan
· Prescription Drugs
· Vision Discount Plan
· Voluntary Life Insurance
· Long Term Disability Insurance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan
· Paid Time Off, Holidays, Jury Duty or Bereavement Leave
· Career Growth & Development
Qualified applicants should apply directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), age, national origin, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by law.