GTA's office in Laurel, MD is seeking candidates for a Field Geologist position. In this position you will provide a wide range of observation and testing services for geotechnical and environmental development projects as you support geologists, engineers, and scientists for a diverse client base in the private and public sectors. Responsibilities include monitoring and testing the moisture and density of soils using a nuclear density testing gauge; testing of concrete, asphalt and other materials. You will also observe and document construction activities to assure compliance with technical specifications, prepare daily field reports and test summaries documenting the work being performed. We provide extensive training for entry level candidates.
BENEFITS: We offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Competitive Salary and Paid Time Off
- Yearly bonus potential
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending
- Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company picnics and events, and a great work environment!
YOUR FUTURE AT GTA AWAITS!! Our greatest asset is our people. This includes people like you! We are actively seeking motivated individuals to work on a wide range of exciting and challenging projects. Apply today and join the GTA family!
- Own Transportation, Valid Driver's License and Good Driving Record
- Enjoy Working Outdoors
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- NICET, WACEL and/or ACI certifications preferred but not required
This position may require standing for extended durations as well as repetitive motions such as lifting or hammering. The employee must have the ability to use their hands to handle, finger or feel; reach, climb or balance; crouch, stoop, crawl, kneel and sit, see and smell; including close, distance and peripheral vision, depth vision and ability to focus. The employee will regularly lift and/or move 60 pounds; and occasionally move 80 pounds or more (such as a loaded wheelbarrow of concrete or soil samples).
GTA will provide you with Personal Protective Equipment, which includes High Visibility Vest, Hard Hat, Gloves, and Safety Glasses.