To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tallahassee, FL
- Phil White
- Phone: 410-316-2404
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Engineer - Construction Engineering and Inspection
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson • Tallahassee, FL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,500 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT is currently ranked #64 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join the Construction Engineering & Inspection team in Tallahassee, FL.
The successful candidate will effectively manage and direct highly complex and specialized construction engineering and inspection projects.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Concurrently manage and execute projects and/or programs of moderate to high level complexity from inception to project completion in support of site operations insuring safety, regulatory compliance, company standards, operational requirements and business needs.
- Prepare management reports and presentations for client and staff.
- Manage and oversee project contract work. Review and approve project contractor schedules, respond to information, submittals and change requests. Inspect or direct the inspection of work to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, schedules, and safety regulations.
- Develops a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
- Responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Responsible for the progress/final estimates and other construction project documentation for duration of project.
- Responsible for communication with client, contractor and public regarding project specific issues and resolutions.
- Coordinates and participates in monthly proactive project reviews.
- Supervises inspectors, reviews their reports, and corrects any violations or other reported deficiencies.
- Supervises Project Administrators/Project Engineers, Contract Support Specialists, and other administration support staff.
- Tracks and controls construction schedule and associated costs to achieve completion of project within time and monies allocated.
- Reports to owners and architects about progress and any necessary modifications of plans that seem indicated.
- Represent the company at various community and/or business meetings to promote the company.
- Participate in the development of new project proposals.
- Assist in the planning and development of company marketing and communication materials.
- Promote positive relations with contractors, vendors and consultants.
- Assist in the development of RFP’s, LOR’s or proposals as needed.
- Attends seminars, company trainings or workshops to remain abreast of latest industry developments.
- Math Aptitude
- Oral Communication Skills
- Reading Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Time Management
- Technical Communication
- Customer Relations
- Project Management
- A Civil Engineering degree or a PE with at least 10 years of related engineering experience.
- Registered in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer (or if registered in another state, the ability to obtain registration in the State of Florida within six months).
- Six years of engineering experience [(two years of which are in major road or bridge construction) or (five years of which are in major bridge construction for Complex Bridge Projects)].
- Have the ability to obtain additional requirements within a reasonable time frame.
- Six years as CEI Senior Project Engineer with FDOT.
- FDOT Advanced Maintenance of Traffic
- Attend the CTQP Quality Control Manager course and pass the examination.
- Complete the Critical Structures Construction Issues, Self-Study Course, and submit the mandatory Certification of Course Completion form (for structures projects).
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year engineering experience.
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Job Proficiency
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Job-Focused Learning
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.