To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago and Salt Lake City, IL
- Tonja Sommers - Redsky-Consulting Cybersecurity Staffing
- Phone: 714-636-3087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
SECURITY SOLUTIONS MANAGER / CHICAGO AND SALT LAKE CITY / 2 OPENINGS
RED SKY Consulting • Chicago and Salt Lake City, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Security Solutions Managers - 2 Needed
Perm FTE - Location- Schaumburg IL or Chicago IL AND Salt Lake UT
Client- Leader in their space
**Candidate referral program-get 2500. moneiy for referring others to RED SKY Consulting -- details below, at end of job description.*
You will be responsible for:
- All cybersecurity aspects for your assigned clients Lines-of-Business
Portfolios or Key Technology Initiatives)
- End-to-End view of the cybersecurity solutions
- Holistic risk-based cybersecurity management
- Cybersecurity Portfolio Management
- Drive and conduct Secure Design Reviews, Risk Assessments and Threat Assessments
- Report on programs and products cybersecurity status and risk posture to risk owners and senior leadership
- Develop, support, and drive execution of cybersecurity strategies, priorities, and roadmaps enabling client and the clients Customers to fulfill their mission and goals
- Define and drive cybersecurity differentiators and value-adds for the portfolio
- Maintain awareness of cybersecurity industry and technology trends and drive these into the organization
- Ensure technology alignment to corporate cyber security policies and standards
- Advise on solution execution throughout development cycle
- Provide cybersecurity expertise on large and complex projects
- Provide pre/post sales customer support
- Support Incident Response and Crisis Management Processes/Activities
- Provide cybersecurity mentorship to junior staff, and others in company
- Support continuous improvement and development initiatives
Bottom Line in a nutshell:
- Someone who can look at the end to end view of cyber sec across multiple solutions and com and articulate risk issues and strategies to sr leadership
- Interested in sales over technical capability
- Diverse background within IT in general and somebody who has come up through the ranks of software dev
- Security solutions manager - oversight for all cybersecurity aspects - assigned to support all lines of business client support
- Comparison - almost like a mini CISO role - assessments - general security guidance - technical guidance
- Pre and post sales support - this role would fill that capability
- Providing marketing supports - cyber marketing - crisis management
Role that faces off to stakeholders with
- 2 roles with emphasis on cloud security - cloud is huge at the moment
- One thing - CISSP - knowledge of crisis level support - understand the concepts/principals - understanding of concepts around it BC / DR (business continuity and disaster recovery)
- Competent crisis coordinator in IR, VR, CM- within a sec organization
- Security Manager role is to drive that vison out through products and services - interpret vision to product team to see architects vision
- 60% stakeholder / 40% risk assessments
- A lot more about managing stakeholders - team is big - need to execute on cybersecurity strategy - bring people in to complete mission - excellent communicator and influencer
- Background in software development - agile backgrounds - emphasis on code review
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) in Information Technology, Computer
- Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Security - Masters degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years experience in information security
- Experience in IT or security operations, and/or product development with cybersecurity focus
- Must have experience with Software Development and Software Engineering, including S-SDLC practices (DevSecOps preferred)
- Must have knowledge and applied a subset of common Industry Standards (ISO27001/2,
- NIST, COBIT, CIS, DISA, FIPS) and Industry Regulatory Standards such as SOx, PCI, GDPR.
- One or more of the following certifications: CISSP, CISSP-ISSAP, CISSP-ISSEP,
- CISSP-ISSMP, CSSLP, CCSP, CAP, CISA, CISM, CRISC, GSLC, and GISCP. Other industry certifications will be taken into consideration.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the field of cybersecurity
- Experience with Risk Management and Security Assurance
- Must have experience in Product/Software Development using modern practices, with
- S-SDLC and DevSecOps preferred.
- Helpful to have knowledge of cloud services provided by industry leaders like AWS,
- Microsoft Azure, SFDC, Workday etc.
- Must have technical knowledge and/or experience in security, networking, systems administration, database administration, architecture and other technical domains.
- Knowledge and experience in documentation of security policies, standards, and processes.
- Experience with business continuity / disaster recovery
- Experience with Incident Response and Crisis Management
- Experience with Vulnerability Management.
- Experience with Partner and Supplier relationships.
- Helpful to have experience in wireless communication system architectures.
- Ability to communicate concepts and terminology in security domains including governance, risk management, architecture, compliance, and operations and be able to express them in a clear and concise manner
- Should be a self-starter who demonstrates complete ownership over assigned objectives and is able to work independently
- Highest level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Leadership and passion about continuous improvement.
- Ability to suggest creative solutions
- Proactive approach and enthusiasm for problem identification and solving
- Flexible and able to adapt and drive to changing priorities
- Experience managing complex programs in a global environment
- Ability to make objective decisions in a high pressure cross functional environment
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to break down complex topics and present to less technical audiences (including customer presentations)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Domestic and International travel required - total <25%
RED SKY Career Opportunities at: http://redsky-consulting.com/career-portal/#/jobs
RED SKY Consulting Candidate and Client Referral Program!
Do you know other IT professionals?
Turn those relationships into Moneiy (misspelled intentionally) & help friends get work
RED SKY Consulting is offering a fantastic opportunity for you to earn extra moneiy.
If you refer to us a Manager of people or skilled professionals, we will link your name to that person for 18 months.
If we employ or place that individual or place people into that company thru that manager
then we will pay 2500!
The Salt Lake position ONLY - the req is posted with the following note:
NOTE: This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.