To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tempe, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Synexus • Tempe, AZ
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Synexus is the leader in outsourced trial management services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. We have completed over 2,500 clinical trials in our 20+ years and operate from over 80 site network locations across the US!
We are seeking a full
time Accounting Associate at our main office in Tempe, AZ!
The Accounting Associate performs various clerical accounting tasks according to standard operating procedures. These tasks include processing invoices, cash receipts, receivables follow up, journal entries, accounting postings, physician payments and completing related documentation and reporting functions.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Performs corporate accounting functions including bank reconciliations, cash balances, receipts, check register/input, etc.;
- Calculates and pays required fees and invoices (Accounts Payable);
- Generates invoices and collects fees (Accounts Receivable);
- Allocates costs to specific studies and projects (Cost Accounting);
- Assumes responsibility for performing assigned accounting and related clerical support functions;
- Maintains files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation, payroll and other miscellaneous filings.
- Types a variety of documents, reports and records;
- Keys daily worksheets to the general ledger system;
- Prints daily accounts payable checks and inserts checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
- Enters various data into appropriate database system to complete or update spreadsheet information which may include cash receipts, invoices and physician payments;
- Maintains integrity of database accounting systems by regularly updating files, reports and spreadsheets. May include maintaining payroll records and files, revenue reports, billing reports, collection reports, patient stipends or similar information;
- Prepares various spreadsheets, reports and data lists;
- Performs assigned account reconciliation functions per established SOPs;
- Researches, tracks and resolves (or properly refers) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and management;
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions;
- Keeps management informed of accounting activities/balances and of any significant problems;
- Attends and participates in meetings as required.
- Performs other accounting clerical tasks which may include processing and distributing annual 1099 forms, maintaining postage account, preparing bank deposits, fund transfer checks, assisting with payroll processing, and/or maintaining credit card accounts;
- Perform other duties not specifically listed in this job description as assigned.
An Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, business or similar major and a minimum of 2 years of accounting and/or office experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, is required.
Basic knowledge of accounts payable/receivable, accounting functions and general office procedures is required.
Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Web applications;
Exceptional organizational skills, a keen attention to detail and thorough follow through;
Ability to type proficiently (35+ wpm) and operate a calculator keypad;
Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to work well independently as well as with co-workers, peers, supervisors and external customers;
Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple tasks simultaneously with precision and adapt to changes in responsibilities and workloads;
Must be professional, possess a high degree of urgency and self-motivation, and have a strong work ethic;
Must possess a high degree of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality with HIPAA guidelines, patient matters and other confidential information.
offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and
vision insurance offerings, life and disability insurance offerings, 401K, paid
time off, and various other benefits and discount programs!
Join us as we grow! Visit us at http://www.synexus.com/ to learn more about us!
Synexus is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.