ARC of Rockland is a recognized leader in the Human Services field, serving Rockland County NY, providing a variety of services to people with developmental disabilities and their families. Our programs are staffed by dedicated and caring individuals including licensed professionals and skilled, motivated direct care and support staff from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Our mission is to ensure the people we support are provided dignity, a sense of pride in their abilities, a sense of accomplishment and the respect of society.
Full time and Part time opportunities
- Teaches job set up procedures and self-supplying of materials to consumers leading towards job independence.
- Teaches, then intermittently monitors, independent work and non-work behaviors.
- Adheres to travel and job site schedule established by Rockland ARC.
- Provides feedback to Employment Specialist regarding consumer’s vocational performance.
- Checks with Agency supervisor to ensure that proper production and quality control standards are being met by consumer.
- Provides transportation and travel training skills to consumers leading towards independence.
- Prepares all paperwork pertaining to consumers that is required by Vesid, OMRDD, supported employment grants, etc.
- Dispenses prescribed medications to consumers after successful completion of AMAP medication administration course.
- Drives consumers to and from work sites.
- Performs related duties as requested.
- High School Graduate or equivalency examination
- At least one year of working knowledge of the principles and techniques used in the supervision of the developmentally disabled at vocational or pre-vocational settings.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with coworkers, employees, consumers, customers, and families
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Valid driver’s license and meet Agency’s driving standards
- Must become an Approved Medical Administration Personnel (AMAP). Certification must be completed prior to the end of individual’s probation/orientation period.
- Must be able to drive in all kinds of road conditions
- Availability and willingness to work varied work schedules and work environments
ARC of Rockland offers competitive salaries and a benefits package which includes medical and dental coverage, tuition assistance, generous time off policy, TDA and an agency funded pension plan. We offer on-going training, supervision and opportunities to advance in an atmosphere where our employees are valued.
Please send your resume in confidence to Email blocked - click to apply or fax Phone number blocked - click to apply.
ARC of Rockland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on ARC of Rockland, please visit our website at www.rocklandarc.org