To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Mill, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manager, Inbound Transportation (Domestic)
Ross Stores Inc • Fort Mill, SC
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
To lead, direct, develop and coordinate the inbound flow of domestic merchandise. Work with domestic contracted carriers to insure the inbound flow of merchandise to support monthly goals and on time DC arrivals. Responsible to support the distribution centers with appropriate safety stock and metered flow of product to support production requirements, reduce trailer dwell time and support controlled in transit inventory levels. This high level of service must be supported with aggressive cost reduction consideration while maintaining existing service levels. Implement and execute process and procedures to ensure Ross/dd’s Discounts operations execution meets standards established by Ross. Manage a staff of 6 – 10 exempt and non-exempt associates managing the inbound supply chain activity to include collaboration with DC’s, merchants, vendors, carriers, routing, inbound flow, performance metrics, carrier compliance, capacity constraints and network optimization for inbound transportation expenses annually.
- 70% Develop and execute strategy to support domestic inbound supply chain integration for Ross/dd’s including leading the activities of domestic transportation and consolidation activities to meet performance and service level expectations while maintaining or improving costs
- Review domestic provider performance scorecards and daily intransit reports to hold carriers and staff accountable while consistently improving service levels of providers
- In collaboration with the procurement group, evaluate rate/service proposals to ensure capacity commitments; transit times and rates support performance objectives.
- Responsible for maintaining required levels of safety stock at all DC’s by product type
- 20% Perform all projects requested by the Director of Inbound Logistics and support collaborative projects as required
- 10% Interactive ability to generate strong relationships and client confidence
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- Initiating Change
- Business Acumen
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor or MBA degree in Transportation, Logistics or Business related
- Four year degree in Transportation or equivalent field, MBA preferred
- 8 – 10 years manager level expertise in domestic transportation
- 10 – 15 years prior transportation management experience
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with all levels and departments both within and outside the company
- Must have experience with current Transportation Management System
- Knowledge of current regulatory and DOT rules/regulations
- Logistics background within retail industry
- Experience with hands on utilization of current supply chain software applications and systems
- Working knowledge of MS Windows, Word, Excel and Access
- Skillful negotiator
- Travel up to 25%
- No unusual physical requirements. Requires no heavy lifting, and nearly all work is performed in a comfortable indoor facility.
- Routine deadlines; usually sufficient lead time; variance in work volume seasonal and predictable; priorities can be anticipated; some interruptions are present; travel or other inconveniences have advance notice; involves occasional exposure to demands and pressures from persons other than immediate supervisor.
- Job frequently requires sitting, handling objects with hands.
- Job occasionally requires standing, walking, reaching, talking, hearing, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.