To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
167 Bloomfield Avenue
Newark, NJ 07104
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Valley National Bank • Newark, NJ
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Branch Service Manager manages all operations and service of the branch office under the direction of the Territory Sales Manager. The incumbent will manage the branch and branch staff to ensure adherence to compliance with all bank policies while providing outstanding customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Train, coach, motivate and develop Branch personnel in required skills to achieve service quality goals and compliance with operational procedures.
- Manage branch staffing/scheduling for appropriate coverage, monitor dress code compliance and attendance. Ensure proper reporting through eTime.
- Assess performance and complete performance reviews of Branch personnel in a timely manner. Develop personnel for promotional opportunities; manage the performance and development of employees within the branch which result in high performance, a team environment and positive employee morale.
- Prepare Disciplinary Action Notices when required and discipline and/or discharge Branch personnel consistent with HR guidelines and interfacing with HR and the TSM.
- Interview, hire and orient Branch personnel, applying HR guidelines and interfacing with HR and the TSM.
- Respond to employee complaints in a timely fashion, consistent with VNB policies, regulatory requirements and legal requirements, and escalate through proper channels where appropriate. Reinforce support of all Bank policies in regard to equal opportunity employment and in managing a diverse work force. resolve conflicts between staff.
- Manage all operational aspects of the branch functions to ensure satisfactory audit ratings and adherence to compliance requirements.
- Full knowledge of all branch operations encompassing making sound business decisions and including:
- Evaluating, honoring and approving all exception items minimizing potential loss to the bank; manage Operational Risk.
- Supervisory approvals to protect the bank from losses.
- Knowledge and review of proper account opening documentation, ensuring proper documentation is collected and maintained to comply with policy and procedure; including the completion of timely site visits.
- Knowledge of KYC (Know Your Customer) and CIP (Customer Identification Program).
- Knowledge of wire documentation, with responsibility for obtaining proper documentation and approvals prior to sending a wire.
- Manage timely submission and accuracy of all Branch Management Operational reports, AML reporting and audits as required, including reconciliation of Branch general ledger accounts and other report inconsistencies; knowledge of Suspicious Activity red flags.
- Delegate to Branch personnel, consistent with approved VNB policies, all security, legal and regulatory requirements and/or responsibilities as may be appropriate, to achieve the foregoing, and maintain oversight of all delegated responsibilities.
- Represent VNB in dealing with customer complaints, inquiries or problems, including written correspondence; escalate through proper channels where appropriate.
- Manage expenses within established budget guidelines (contra, branch expense).
- Ensure branch appearance meets the Bank’s standards including correct and complete signage; address building maintenance issues timely.
- Ensure Teller Line is in compliance daily meeting all Retail Banking Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure Staff and Branch is in full proof daily.
- Order and/or prepare currency shipments, ensuring cash vault in proof daily and maintained with assigned cash limits.
- Maintain and prepare daily, weekly and/or monthly reports.
- Assist the TSM in coaching and developing staff in product knowledge to achieve in-branch sales, referrals and service quality goals.
- Successful completion of Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) certification. Coach and manage branch personnel in selling, completion of loan package and closing of Mortgages.
- Participate in and help develop and organize in-branch sales activities as assigned by TSM. Participate in and supports CRA activities and programs.
- Meet individual in-branch sales goals as determined by the TSM or District Sales Manager.
- Build and expand customer relationships to maintain deposit base and grow the branch.
- Complies with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act) requirement and, where applicable, registration requirements.
*Regular work hours and days assigned including Saturdays and Sundays*
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate and follow up on assignments.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of two years related managerial/business experience and/or enrolled in Valley National Bank management training program.
- Banking experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) certification preferred.