To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Silver Spring, MD
- Paulina Willingham
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Security Specialist
Mindbank • Silver Spring, MD
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Mindbank has an immediate need for an Information Technology Security Specialist
US Citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor visas at this time
Experience: Three or more years in information technology security
Location is in Silver Spring, MD
The IT Security Engineer will assistance to the an Information Technology Security Program (ITSP) and the Senior Security Officer to assess and advise on overall NOS IT risk, policy interpretation, and has oversight of all independent assessments, A&A and continuous monitoring compliance actions. Will operate at a senior level and provide enterprise level services and consultation requiring various levels of support.
The IT Security Engineer will be tasked to undertake projects and assignments to assist in managing the program and meeting those identified needs. Assigned tasks may include:
- Proficient in FISMA guidance and assessments in a civilian Federal environment.
- Understand, or be able to grasp quickly the FISMA and FISMA assessment processes, especially as defined in the most recent revisions of NIST SP 800-53 and NIST SP 800-53A.
- Proven experience writing hybrid controls which pass A&A assessments.
- Knowledge of NOAA and DOC IT security policies preferred; otherwise, proven ability
to read, learn, understand, and apply policy quickly.
- Must understand the roles and responsibilities of the ISSO, the SO, and the AO in a Federal IT security system; should understand, or be able to grasp quickly the roles and responsibilities of the ISSO, the SO, and the AO in NOS.
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications.
- Proficiency in interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in handling multiple tasks concurrently.
- Proficiency in project and time management.
- Ability to facilitate collaboration.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities.
- Proven experience (minimum 2 years) writing developing processes, procedures and best practices.
- Proven experience (minimum 3 years) writing FISMA controls which pass A&A assessments in a Federal environment.
- Proven experience (minimum 1 year) assisting in the development of training curricula for multiple types of security training supporting management and technical staff.
- Proven experience developing training or orientation which facilitates understanding and mastery of sometimes complex material.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE SEND YOUR RESUME TO:
Mindbank Consulting is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.