To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Tina Werber
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CultureFit Technology Staffing • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
Contract to Hire
$105,000.00 - $154,000.00 /Year
Information Technology, Design, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
WHO YOU ARE
- Knowledgeable. You have a broad-based familiarity with Security Operations with 2+ years of experience. More specifically, your background includes firewall policy support in Checkpoint Provider-1. Experience with Sourcefire IPS/IDS systems; and experience with DMZ architectures. A solid network background including, routing protocols, VPN concepts, and VLAN configuration is also important.
- A Problem Solver. You are a creative thinker, who focuses on the problem as stated and gathers information and knowledge to identify root cause and achieve an appropriate solution. Your skillfulness in this area helps you determine how to quickly assess security threats and incidents.
- A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear, articulate, and effective, demonstrating your ability to interact with and be understood by all levels and various teams across the organization. In addition, you’re skilled in communicating in a non-technical manner with everyone from end users to senior management and also in a technical manner to other IT professionals.
- Organized, Efficient, and Accountable. You have a keen eye for detail and pride yourself on delivering quality work. You multitask well, re-prioritize accordingly, and meet deadlines consistently. Above all, you are flexible and able to juggle the needs of changing priorities of the business, even if that means an occasional after-hours project.
- Passionate, Motivated, and Eager to Learn. You are resourceful, ask smart questions, challenge the status quo, and regularly seek to understand. You’re willing to learn a range of business and/or technical specialties, based on organizational needs. And when a special project arises, you volunteer!
- Trustworthy and Discerning. The ability to work with confidential information, while using discretion, is crucial to this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support, upgrade, and maintain systems such as Checkpoint firewalls, SourceFire IPS/IDS, and Symantec products, as well as a variety of Bluecoat solutions.
- Interpret firewall logs and events, as well as rules logic.
- Perform research and data analysis of systems events and proactively identify and communicate issues, troubleshooting fault conditions on security systems.
- Resolve service impacting events through service restoration and root cause analysis.
- Create and deploy software packages using diverse software packaging techniques. Extensively test software patches and upgrades before deployment.
- Manage client PCs operating systems and servers operating systems.
- Support Security Operations team and greater Information Technology team as necessary on high priority/high visibility problems.
- Ensure platform accessibility and best practices are maintained.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis and reports as needed.
- Provide weekend and after-hours support as required by the position; at times, this position does require 24/7 availability to support operations.
- Perform other duties and participate in special IT projects as requested, to continually improve/upgrade the security infrastructure.
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly. Self-motivated to succeed, with capacity to assume increasing responsibility.
- Team player that demonstrates flexibility and the ability to integrate and work well with others.
- Strong communication skills; able to speak and write in a clear and articulate manner to convey network concepts and issues to end users and senior management on a non-technical level, while dealing with other IT professionals on a technical level.
- Proven project management and organizational skills, managing multiple concurrent tasks and/or projects.
- Extremely detail oriented and well-organized, with an exceptional ability to plan work effectively and multi-task as appropriate. Consistently delivers conscientious, thorough, and accurate analysis.
- Adaptable to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing quality of work product.
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Process orientated with the ability to clarify objectives, evaluate options, consider implications, assess risks, and make key decisions.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience supporting firewall policies in Checkpoint Provider-1 and Checkpoint R75 or higher on Linux or Unix based platforms.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in IP addressing and subnetting, routing protocols, VPN concepts, VLAN configuration and concepts, L2/L3 switching technologies, CAT5/5e/6 cabling, Fiber connectivity, Sniffer products, and QOS.
- Experience with Sourcefire IPS/IDS systems and Symantec DLP Solution.
- Bachelor's degree, with an emphasis in computer science or information systems preferred or equivalent experience. Platform certifications, CCSP, CCSE, CCNA are a plus!
- Have a demonstrated technical problem determination ability; exceptional system implementation, installation, and disaster recovery planning experience; and ongoing hands-on administration knowledge.
- Good understanding and working knowledge of routing protocols EIGRP, BGP and OSPF. Must have experience with enterprise class Cisco routers, switches, and web load balancers.
- Must possess a good understanding of DMZ architectures.
- Strong TCP/IP layer 2 to layer 7 troubleshooting experience.
- Exposure to major system applications and databases; Unix and Windows experience a plus!
- Experience maintaining highly available and highly secure networks.
- Solid understanding of VMware Infrastructures.
Job ID: cuequitsecsys101
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.