To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
- Catherine Moser
- Phone: 999-999-9999
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant - Commercial Banking-1700019974
BMO Harris Bank • Chicago, IL
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Administrative Assistant - Commercial Banking-1700019974
The Administrative Assistant III is accountable for providing specialized and professional support to a Managing Director and their senior managers within a large and diverse department or business group, and also provides general office and human resources support as needed. Monitors and ensures that administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed while seeking to determine, develop, and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities.
1) Professional support activities, typically including some or all of the following: (45%)
- Develops and leverages relationships cross-LOBs, with executives and senior managers, and externally, to foster and support intra-group coordination while carrying out accountabilities.
- Develops communications, correspondence, presentations, including deciding on or recommending content. Responds to related inquiries on the department’s behalf, or escalates for resolution as appropriate.
- Supports or manages various projects such as business process improvement initiatives, event planning, and office relocations
- Prepares standard correspondence, reports and presentations, ensuring completed material is produced in a timely manner.
2) Specialized support activities, typically including some or all of the following: (25%)
- Performs business/situational analysis and develops recommendations to support business decisions. Participates in recommending the most appropriate alternative to achieve business goals and business needs more efficiently and effectively.
- Performs budget forecast/variance analysis. Maintains expenses within budget and performs financial analysis of billing and costing to support of business decision making. Monitors and analyzes project expenses to ensure they are within budget.
- Processes invoices in adherence with BMO processing guidelines, and vendor agreements.
- Processes and tracks overtime and on-call claims in adherence to bank and/or divisional policy to ensure timely payroll processing and performs budget tracking and reconciliation.
3) General office services, typically including some or all of the following: (15%)
- Manages and monitors the Executive’s calendar of scheduled appointments’, or upcoming events and matters requiring immediate attention. Coordinates meeting invitations and agendas, travel arrangements, books meeting rooms and arranges for resources and other requirement in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation.
- Prepares and dispatches outgoing mail and manages courier requests as required
- Maintains a central e-mail Global Address list and ensures all staff receive e-mail communications.
- Responds to and resolves routine and moderately complex inquiries.
- Logs departmental expense reports and develops and maintains efficient diary, filing and efiling systems to ensure business and operational materials are readily available.
- Manages all aspects of premises related matters such as office moves, relocations, office planning and new furniture requirements.
- Leads or participates in planning, coordinating and implementing department events.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to more junior administrative assistants to support them in developing capability to carry out current job accountabilities.
- Performs back-up function for other administrative staff during vacation or other absences to ensure that administrative support is provided on an ongoing basis.
4) Human Resources administration, typically including some or all of the following: (15%)
- Maintains and tracks staff vacations and absences in accordance with divisional guidelines. Participates in resolution of issues.
- Administers recognition program materials and processes in support of recognizing staff contributions.
- Coordinates training requirements for staff (research, booking, cancellations, confirmations, etc). Produces monthly/quarterly reports and monitors that funds are allocated within budget.
- 5+ years’ experience in an administrative/ professional support function in a fast paced environment, dealing with moderately complex issues and managing conflicting priorities.
- Post-Secondary education in a related field and/or other professional related training.
- Solid general business knowledge and specific deep understanding of the organizational unit, its functions, products, processes, policies & procedures and customer groups.
- Ability to organize moderate amounts of business information and develop it into cohesive, professional reports and presentations, with little guidance and ability to recognize and respond to business related issues within the scope of the material.
- Ability to analyze relevant alternatives and create a rational recommendation to support business decision-making. Ability to plan and coordinate implementation of the selected alternative.
- Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Very proficient at secretarial and administrative tasks, and ability to coach and mentor more junior staff.
- Advanced level PC skills (Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Presentation Software, E-mail applications and web browsers)
- Ability to coordinate and lead a variety of initiatives.
- Very good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships.
- Ability to use knowledge of the organization and the supported business unit’s uniqueness, to carry out accountabilities.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as to play a lead role in building a cohesive team.
- Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com
To submit your application for this job, please go to:
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, inclusive of Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Persons with Disabilities.