To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Care Manager
Repucare, Inc. • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you ready for an exciting career? One of America's Most Admired Companies is hiring for a Behavioral Health Care Manager!
Behavioral Health Care Manager Hours:
Monday-Friday; 8-5p, however, worked assigned on Friday needs to be completed by the end of the work day.
The Behavioral Health Care Manager (UM) job progression is primarily a provider facing role although it does involve some member facing activities such as collecting information and using clinical knowledge and expertise to ensure our members are directed to the appropriate level of care. This role is responsible for managing psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder facility-based and outpatient professional treatment health benefits through telephonic or written review.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Uses appropriate screening criteria, knowledge and clinical judgment to assess member needs to ensure access to medically necessary, quality behavioral healthcare in a cost effective setting in accordance with UM Clinical Guidelines and contract.
- Refers cases to Peer Reviewers as appropriate.
- Performs psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder assessment, coordination, implementation, case planning, monitoring, and evaluating to promote quality member outcomes, to optimize member health benefits, and to promote effective use of health benefits and community resources.
Behavioral Health Care Manager Requirements:
- Requires MS or MA in social work, counseling, nursing or a related behavioral health field; 3 years experience with facility-based and/or outpatient psychiatric and substance abuse or substance abuse disorder treatment; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Current active unrestricted license as an RN, LCSW, LMSW, LMHC, LPC, LBA (as allowed by applicable state laws), LMFT, or Clinical Psychologist, to practice as a health professional within the scope of licensure in Indiana required.
- Previous experience in case management/utilization management with a broad range of experience with complex psychiatric/substance abuse cases preferred.
- Multi-tasking, following detailed instructions, typing, Computers, Medicaid knowledge, and Behavioral Health level of care knowledge and/or expertise.
RepuCare is a woman-owned business (certified WBE) and a leading provider of medical management solutions for state, federal and corporate healthcare programs. We are partnered with a large healthcare company to provide medical management staff to support their state-sponsored Medicaid programs.
**PLEASE NOTE: This is a temp position, with the possibility of moving into a temp-to-perm engagement**