To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
- Chris Stubbs
- Phone: 407-936-1536
- Phone:: 407-936-1534
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing Engineer - Opto-Mechanical Experience
CBS Search Associates Inc., DBA Link Staffing • Orlando, FL
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client company was established over 25 years ago as an entrepreneur-run business with a novel design for a handheld instruments. Today, they are an international company with over 5,000 products and OEM customers that range from Fortune 500 companies to start-ups in a wide range of industries. They understand what it takes to help their customers develop and grow a product from concept to reality: excellent products, deep applications knowledge, on-time delivery and personal, local support at every stage. From sub-components to complete measurement systems their modular design allows companies to source at the component, subassembly, or system level, depending on their need and the stage of product development. Their line of spectrometers, light sources, and accessories are compact, portable, and low in power consumption, enabling rapid time to market for ideas on a scalable platform. They aim to close the technology gap, using extensive spectroscopy & applications knowledge and in-house customization & system integration to lower barriers to entry, even in new markets.
They currently have openings for Manufacturing Engineer familiar with opto-mechanical products to work in their manufacturing facility in Winter Park.
The successful candidate will be experienced in and provide new product introduction and sustaining responsibilities in support of manufacturing opto-electrical systems. Support continuous improvement through the use of Lean principles to drive quality and productivity improvement projects.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be a member of new product development teams ensuring effective transfer of product designs to manufacturing and support the daily sustaining efforts in the manufacturing area
- Will act as a liaison between Engineering product development teams to Manufacturing
- Participate and drive New Product Introduction activities providing a comprehensive list of documentation and schedule requirements for new products released to manufacturing.
- Work with engineering teams to create required manufacturing processes and documentation framework to support supply chain, purchasing and production personnel.
- Development of production tooling using SolidWorks CAD software
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to improve quality, increase productivity in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Continuous improvement achieved through process review and automation where applicable
- Provide daily production sustaining and support for existing products
Skills and Specifications:
- Opto-Mechanical product experience preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing concepts and Lean principles
- Proficient with SolidWorks CAD software
- Must be a good communicator
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS OR EQUIVALENCIES:
- BS degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3-5 years of operations experience in a manufacturing environment with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience at implementing foundational Lean Enterprise tools: Takt time, 8 Wastes, 5S, Standard Work, 1-Piece Flow along with Kaizen event participation, Kaizen event leading a plus.
- Strong engineering aptitude with ability to learn and adapt to new processes.
- Experience working with manufacturing part flow of electrical and optical-mechanical components and systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in working on cross functional team development and leading skilled trades.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
The company offers a flexible, dynamic atmosphere and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid time off, flexible spending accounts and 401(k) profit sharing/savings plan.