To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2450 Enterprise Street
Fremont, OH 43420
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
National Transportation Manager
Style Crest, Inc. • Fremont, OH
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Style Crest, Inc. has been a distributor and manufacturer of innovative and quality products and services for manufactured and residential homes for almost 50 years. We provide our customers with delivery service they can count on to support and grow their business. Style Crest has an excellent career opportunity available for an experienced National Transportation Manager who has the overall corporate responsibility to ensure our transportation activities and our fleet of vehicles and equipment supports the delivery needs of our national distribution network and operates in compliance with all DOT regulations as a motor carrier.
As National Transportation Manager, you are responsible for:
- Procuring all fleet vehicles and equipment (tractors, trailers, straight trucks, lift gates, etc.) to support our national distribution network. Prepares capital expense requests for new vehicle and equipment. Coordinates the sale and disposal of old vehicles and equipment. Ensures all equipment is in proper service condition and makes recommendations for replacements, upgrades and additional equipment to ensure we can service our customers. Negotiates vehicle leases, maintenance leases and other national agreements as needed. Prepares specifications, obtains quotations and negotiates prices.
- Manages all company-wide outbound freight including truckload, less than truckload, company provided freight services, rail and container freight whether provided internally or by third party carriers. This includes selection of suppliers, cost of service, performance of suppliers, and effective planning and utilization of different transportation methods. Leads the periodic freight bid collection and vendor selection. Reviews vendor scorecards and coordinates vendor review meetings. Takes steps to improve vendor performance.
- Analyzes delivery routes, freight lanes, freight rates, freight billings vendor freight allowances and driver compensation by distribution center to recommend changes to maximize productivity and minimize freight and transportation expenses.
- Prepares transportation budgets with accounting. Monitors monthly expenses of the fleet and reports to management any concerns. Tracks and reports metrics related to vehicle mileage, driver hours, stops, LTL shipments by reason code, etc. Recommends ways to improve and control expenses related to our transportation activities. Prepares reports, statistics, and presentations as requested.
- Responsible for the overall DOT and fleet safety compliance from the corporate level in conjunction with Distribution Mangers, HR and EH&S. Ensures all required DOT reporting and filings are completed timely and accurately. Ensures Style Crest and each distribution facility is compliant with DOT regulations and company fleet policies. Monitors CSA scores, unsafe DVIRs and roadside inspection results. Oversees the retention of required documentation for DOT regulations.
- Participates in the investigation of driver related accidents for cause and preventability. Works with Distribution Manager to make changes to prevent reoccurrences. Provides the corporate review of the annual driver history process. Reviews the certificate of violations, MVR and accident history for each driver. Certifies driver is still qualified to drive for the company.
- Stays abreast of changing DOT regulations that impact our fleet operations. Updates our fleet policies and transportation activities to ensure DOT compliance, maximum productivity, improve cost efficiencies and provide safe working conditions, etc. Trains Distribution Managers and other impacted team members on updated policies and regulations. Works with HR to recommend changes in driver compensation and assists in driver selection and training as needed. Visits distribution centers to audit compliance with fleet and transportation policies and regulations. This role is the corporate representative for any DOT audits or accident litigation if necessary.
- Provides the corporate oversight of our ELD software and units. Reviews electronic logs and violation reports for compliance. Works with Distribution Manager to resolve non-compliance issues. Sets up new vehicles and ensures the ELD equipment is working in the new vehicle. Assists with training new users (DC Manager, Traffic and Drivers) on the ELD software and to ensure an understanding of their individual responsibility of ELD activities Assist in ordering replacement parts for ELDs and approving the ELD invoices for AP.
- Assists with new distribution center start-ups, project teams, inventory audits, etc., as requested. May be requested to provide onsite coverage in the absence of a Distribution Manager.
Qualified candidates must have 5 to 7 years of experience in transportation and distribution including private fleet management experience of tractor/trailers on a national scale. This role requires prior experience managing a variety of outbound freight services. Extensive knowledge of DOT regulations with prior responsibility for fleet safety and compliance is required.
Candidates must be detailed oriented, have strong analysis skills to recognize and solve problems, and the ability to use logical judgment to make decisions. This role requires a person who is customer service focused and skilled in negotiation, persuasiveness and leadership. Candidates must be able to manage projects and activities in an organized manner to ensure all deadlines are met. Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with ELD software is required. Candidates must be able to interact, communicate and train at all levels in the organization. This role requires a person who is committed to the operational direction of the business and is capable of working with different leadership within our regional structure to accomplish initiatives. Candidates must be willing to travel throughout our national distribution network as needed and at times stay for an extended period of time.
If you are interested in our National Transportation Manager opportunity, please apply online to submit your resume. Style Crest offers competitive compensation and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Learn more about us at www.stylecrestinc.com.