To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
56 Church Street
Waterbury, CT 06702
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Catholic Charities • Waterbury, CT
Posted 1 month ago
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT - Bilingual Required (Spanish/English)
With moderate supervision Administrative Assistant must be aware of importance of first impression. Ability to relate well to visitors/callers a must; pleasantness and efficiency in processing requests or inquiries is essential
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The administrative assistant sets the tone for the client's introduction to the agency. She must have the ability to put the client at ease, making her feel welcome without encouraging problem sharing which should best be reserved for the interview with worker. Must have ability to remain calm and reassuring under difficult circumstances and always respect the client's right to privacy and dignity. Administrative assistant must be able to request payment of fee in a business-like manner without embarrassment or exerting pressure.
Administrative assistant must have ability to maintain good rapport with staff, remaining pleasant under pressure. Calls and messages must be processed accurately and efficiently. Respect to the privacy of client/worker - worker supervisor interview or conference must be shown interrupting only after determining that a real emergency exists.
Administrative assistant should open the switchboard promptly and keep the board open at all times until the closing hour.
Response to all calls should be made within three rings, ask callers to hold when many calls come in at the same time. Calls then should be processed as quickly as possible. Messages should be taken accurately and relayed to staff as expediently as possible, using good judgment as to which messages should be processed immediately and those which can be placed in staff mail boxes. It is essential to develop an ability to discern what calls or messages are and are not emergencies.
Administrative assistant types cards for all new clients and gives to the fee clerk. She also accepts fee payments and makes out receipts for clients.
Clients should be directed to the appropriate waiting area and worker notified of client's arrival as soon as worker is free to receive a call.
All inquiries regarding agency services or requesting a specific service should be given to the intake worker. If the intake worker is not available, caller should be.so advised and a message taken for worker's early response.
If client forgets to offer fee payment upon completion of interview, administrative assistant should remind. Administrative assistant then gives payment to fee clerk for posting and disposal.
Three specific logs are maintained by the administrative assistant on a daily basis: staff attendance sheet, appointment/conference schedule, long distance telephone calls.
Administrative assistant may be required to substitute for or share duties with other Office Assistant personnel when necessary and provide temporary supervision.
At time of employment, the employee will be informed of the district's policy regarding supervision for this position.
Performs related duties as required.
● Good verbal and written skills and has specific knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
● Efficient typing skills and accomplished in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and Outlook programs.
● Able to effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously and differentiation in workflow.
● Organizational skills and ability to prioritize are essential.
● Associate Degree preferred or completion of certificate program in the business field or High School and 3 years related experience.
● Good knowledge of grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
● Experience in office/clerical/business/customer service arena
● Excellent oral and written communication and computer skills. The candidate must have the ability to use computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
● The candidate will have high levels of customer service skills and have significant interaction with diverse families on a daily basis.
● Cultural competence and bi-lingual ability (Spanish/English) strongly encouraged. Must value the differences and integration of cultural attitudes, beliefs, and practices into programming.