To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Software Engineer Java
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Rockwell Collins is seeking experienced Java Software Engineers to join their team in Cedar Rapids, IA location for the Test and Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering Department.
Relocation is being offered, for the right candidate!
Rockwell Collins is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities.
T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product lines and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems (just like Top Gun). Maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production, so if you are a Core Java Software Engineer, who would like to participate in the full software development life cycle with our software development team, we would like to speak with you!
If you have experience with Java, Linux and clean sheet development please apply!
As a Java Software Engineer you will be:
- Developing clean sheet Enterprise software from design through software unit test.
- You will interpret software requirements and translate these artifacts into well-formed software design
- You may lead and mentor software team members creating the software design utilizing both written descriptions and Unified Modeling Language diagrams
- Make design trade-offs, defend design decisions, and ensure the production of high quality code within budget and schedule
- Ensure fulfillment of requirements via adherence to a well-defined software process and by following stringent coding standards
- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, and Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Candidate must hold a current U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance
- Over 2 years of experience with Core Java
- Experience developing SW Applications on a Linux Platform
- Experience following a well-defined software development process
- Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Configuration management tools and processes experience
- Graphical User Interface (GUI) design experience
- JavaFX, Java 8, Eclipse, and Rich Client Platform (RCP/RAP) experience
- UML experience
- Experience with Application development using Web based technologies and frameworks, client side and server side (DHTML, HTML5, CSS, Ajax)
- OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
- Multi-threaded applications experience
- Experience investigating problems to the root cause and then championing the creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Bid and proposal experience
- Experience in developing products for military applications meeting government security or safety standards
- Background and/or knowledge of range test and training systems
- Knowledge and cognizance of Live Virtual Constructive concepts
- Agile development methodology experience